Bolier Firing but then stopping

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bolier Firing but then stopping

Post  Matrix on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:11 am

Hi I have a BolierMate 2000 with an Ideal Slimline boiler. I recently had a problem which I diagnosed to be the DHW senior and I replaced and it, which seemed to fix the problem.

However I have another issue in that my boiler does not seem to fire up. We recently lost hot water and heating but the Boliermate seemed to be operating fine. I therefore switched it off the boiler when I switched it on, the boiler fired up and the display on the BolierMate indicated that the boiler was heating the system to the 68°C (as per Store_T1_On value) and then shut down…so all ok there. I then turned on the heating and the heating pump engaged and the radiators began to heat. However the temp on the store started to drop below 65°C and the heating pump stopped working at 60°C (which I believe it is designed to do). It seems the boiler did not fire up when the store temp dropped below 65°C

We have ‘Switch’ facility and have been using that over the past couple of days to provide hot water and heating. I repeated the steps above today and the same thing happened. I checked the boiler when the temp dropped below 65°C and found that it is trying to do something and it’s making a noise (could be the fan) but I could not see any flames.

Do you think this is a problem with the boiler, as opposed to the BolierMate? I must admit that the boiler was operating louder than usual in the weeks before this problem occurred

Any guidance would be appreciated

Matrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bolier Firing but then stopping

Post  mike on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:02 am

Sounds like boiler trouble.
Last service was?
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norwich
Norfolk

mike

View user profile http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Matrix on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:09 am

Hi Mike,

To be honest I think it was around 3 years ago (if not longer). I will get someone in to look at the bolier and hopefully that will resolve this issue

Thanks

Matrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:23 am

Boiler servicing is very important.
Also if you have a guy or girl looking after your boiler.
When it does go wrong and it will and at Christmas etc.
At least you have someone.
Try finding someone and anyone good when you need them
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

View user profile http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down