Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil 2000 - No hot Water

2 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - No hot Water Empty Pulsacoil 2000 - No hot Water

Post  lcollins Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:48 am

Hi Mike

I have had my pulsacoil repaired by yourself about a year ago, you replaced the two heat sensors that go into the imersion heater and has been working fine, then over this weekend we lost all hot water

I have done the basics, checked the water in the header tank, the led in the pcb was flashing normal opperation, then would flash thermistor failure then normal opperation.

Would it be worth me changing the sensors again? i turned the machine off and removed the cover for the bottom sensor and noticed there was moisture there, i asume there shouldnt be any there.

All the pipes and the heater exchange are stone cold.

Do you think this is another quick fix like last time? or could it be more serious this time?

I would also like to say that this forum is very very helpful, you are doing a good service for us unlucky enought to have a gledhill system!

lcollins

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil 2000 - No hot Water Empty Re: Pulsacoil 2000 - No hot Water

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:25 am

Hello lcollins, have to admit I can't place you!

Does the boost facility work?

The lower heater element needs replacing if it is wet under the cover. They leak as they grow older and this becomes a safety hazard. This is probably the reason for lack of over-night heating. Probably best if you give me a call and book a repair.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lcollins Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:19 am

there is no boost facility as in when i push the button nothing happens!, nothing seems to work

I understand that there should be no water there and it will need changing, but would that be the cause of no hot water? as i am capable of changing the sensors for the meantime then get you round to change the heater elements....just trying to save money you know

also would you advise changing both heater elements? does the system need draining to change them?

lcollins

Back to top Go down

Post  lcollins Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi Mike

I measured the resistance of the Immersion heater element and they both measured 19 Ohms? i managed to get the boost light to come on... just wating to see if that changes anything.

When i use the boost button do hear somehting go on on the tank, i did have to give the relay a little tap for this to happen tho!!

Do you have any further suggestions?

lcollins

Back to top Go down

Post  lcollins Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:15 pm

my heater exchange is now getting warm

DO you think i might have a faulty relay, or is it just that the boost is on?

lcollins

Back to top Go down

Post  lcollins Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:22 pm

now my pump is working... the first time i have heard it in 5 days.... so i know it has just starded.... what is going on???

lcollins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down