Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does the hot water system run 24 hours a day?

2 posters

Go down

Does the hot water system run 24 hours a day? Empty Does the hot water system run 24 hours a day?

Post  Robert Thames Ditton Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:01 pm

We have just moved to a house with a BoilerMate II. The central heating clock (electro magnetic) seems very primitive and not entirely reliable and there appears to be no similar device for heating the hot water. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Robert Thames Ditton

Back to top Go down

Does the hot water system run 24 hours a day? Empty Re: Does the hot water system run 24 hours a day?

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi Robert,

Yes you are overlooking the fact that the HW function may need to be used at any time, so it stays ON by design 24/7. THere is no way to turn it OFF other than to shut down the system by turning the power OFF.

Cheers, Mike

Robert Thames Ditton wrote:We have just moved to a house with a BoilerMate II. The central heating clock (electro magnetic) seems very primitive and not entirely reliable and there appears to be no similar device for heating the hot water. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Does the hot water system run 24 hours a day? Empty 24/7 hot water

Post  Robert Thames Ditton Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:59 am

Thank you for this prompt response which is much as I feared. I am a bit disappointed to hear it. It begs these three questions if I may:

1. Is not very expensive to maintain a large body of hot water 24/7? I am sometimes woken up in the middle of the night by the boiler firing up to do this.
2. Is it right that the bathroom radiators have a separate system to the central heating which also runs 24/7?
3 Does this mean they cannot be turned off either except by the radiator valves?

Also we have the electro mechanical clock. It seems very unstable. Can we convert to the digital clock and if we did, would this give us more flexibility? I am used to a clock which controls heating and water with separate settings for weekdays and weekends.

Many thanks Robert

Robert Thames Ditton

Back to top Go down

Does the hot water system run 24 hours a day? Empty Re: Does the hot water system run 24 hours a day?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down