Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsing hum or buzz when off

2 posters

Go down

Pulsing hum or buzz when off Empty Pulsing hum or buzz when off

Post  brian1042 Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:57 pm

My Pulsacoil 2000 hums or buzzes constantly, even when off. It is a rythmic pulsing sound. Is this normal?

brian1042

Back to top Go down

Pulsing hum or buzz when off Empty Re: Pulsing hum or buzz when off

Post  Midland Boilercare Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:58 am

Hi Brian

No, the humming or buzzing sound is not usual unless it has developed a defect.
The rhythmic buzzing is usually caused by one of the sensors failing and causing the control board to continually send a pulse signal to the pump.

You will need an engineer to determine which sensor is at fault and to replace it.
Midland Boilercare
Midland Boilercare

http://www.midlandboilercare.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  brian1042 Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Thank you David.

There are some other factors.

My neighbours also have this system. It is a block of flats, and none of us have, or can get, Economy 7, which seems bizarre with the Pulsacoil 2000 (that is an aside really). My neighbours also have this buzzing.

The green light is on, with no blinking, and the red light is off. Should this change if the sensors go wrong?

Along with the buzzing (and it does sound like a pump going on and off) there is a water noise, as if a toilet cystern is filling - but it is continuous.

I had two electricians out previously who were not complimentary about the Pulsacoil 200. One of them fixed a non-heating problem, but suggested that any further work would be very expensive because ithe system is a 'nightmare'.

I am a very competent DIY person and I fell I could happily fit two sensors if needs be. Can you tell me where to purchase the sensors please? Would I need to drain the system to fit them?

Thank you for any help.

brian1042

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down