Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replaced Automatic Air vent now but still leaking

4 posters

Go down

Replaced Automatic Air vent now but still leaking Empty Replaced Automatic Air vent now but still leaking

Post  Sash Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Hello All,

If anyone has advice on what I should do or try please help me out.

I replaced my Automatic Air Vent (the correct make & model etc) My old one was leaking at the top.

I replaced it but now its leaking at the joint, I have tightened it as much as I can but still leaking. There were no washers that I could see on the old air vent or the new one.

Since this has happened the vacuum valve is now leaking once it hits its 1.0 bar pressure.

Any advice would be welcomed...

thank you in advance

Sash

Back to top Go down

Replaced Automatic Air vent now but still leaking Empty Re: Replaced Automatic Air vent now but still leaking

Post  mike Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:49 pm

If it was threaded.
Did you put any ptfe tape on the thread?
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Replaced Automatic Air vent now but still leaking Empty Re: Replaced Automatic Air vent now but still leaking

Post  Errghhurrgh Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:26 pm

I thought I had done everything suggested...?

Errghhurrgh

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Errghhurrgh wrote:I thought I had done everything suggested...?

Hi
Check if you have not lost the o ring on the air vent ( between the 3/8" and 1/2" main body and the adapter should be a o ring) , also sometimes missing also on new ones, and of course fit a new anti vac as well.In the worst , there could be a split in the piping on the threats and you have to make a new one up ( it's only piping with an 22mm compression and 2x 1/2" female connector)
Kind regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down