Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate II, Suprima, Crazy noises!

3 posters

Go down

Boilermate II, Suprima, Crazy noises!  Empty Boilermate II, Suprima, Crazy noises!

Post  jlfblair Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi there,
I have absolutely no idea how boilers work, I'm not very good with stuff like this (23 year old female) but basically after 5 years in my house my boiler has gone mental. I will try and explain as much as I can.
I woke up this morning and the water was freezing, I checked the boiler and noticed it was completely turned off, I checked the circuit breaker and sure enough a switch had tripped, I switched it back on, reset the boiler and the pilot light came on within a few seconds. Everything seemed fine until about 10 minutes later, there was a lot of crashing and banging coming from the pipes above the Suprima, and a few moments after that the Boilermate began to make extremely loud drilling and whirring noises. If anyone could help me identify the problem I'd be very grateful, I can't afford a new boiler right now argghhh.

jlfblair

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II, Suprima, Crazy noises!  Empty Re: Boilermate II, Suprima, Crazy noises!

Post  mike Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Sounds like the heat from the boiler is not getting away to the BM II
Check the boiler pump on the unit.
New boiler not required, do not panic.
Who services your Potterton every year?
Give them a call, should not be too bad.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II, Suprima, Crazy noises!  Empty Boilermate II, Suprima, Crazy noises!

Post  Mario.S Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:45 am

jlfblair wrote:Hi there,
I have absolutely no idea how boilers work, I'm not very good with stuff like this (23 year old female) but basically after 5 years in my house my boiler has gone mental. I will try and explain as much as I can.
I woke up this morning and the water was freezing, I checked the boiler and noticed it was completely turned off, I checked the circuit breaker and sure enough a switch had tripped, I switched it back on, reset the boiler and the pilot light came on within a few seconds. Everything seemed fine until about 10 minutes later, there was a lot of crashing and banging coming from the pipes above the Suprima, and a few moments after that the Boilermate began to make extremely loud drilling and whirring noises. If anyone could help me identify the problem I'd be very grateful, I can't afford a new boiler right now argghhh.

Hi
This sounds like your boiler pump on the Boilermate 2 is jammed up or give up, first a new pump has to be fitted and there is a good chance that your BM needed a clean out, there is probably some settlement in the Boilermat to block the pump.
regards Mario
www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II, Suprima, Crazy noises!  Empty Re: Boilermate II, Suprima, Crazy noises!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down