Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only short blasts of hot water in the morning, rarely hot water in the afternoon/evening

3 posters

Go down

Only short blasts of hot water in the morning, rarely hot water in the afternoon/evening Empty Only short blasts of hot water in the morning, rarely hot water in the afternoon/evening

Post  ClaireF Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 am

Hi there

I have read a number of the posts on here which is very helpful, although I think the problem I am having seems to be a little different so any advice you could give me would be very much appreciated as the problem has been ongoing for over a year without much success...

I have a Pulsacoil 2000. There is an on/off switch which is permanently on, a 'water heater' switch (I think this is the immersion) which is always off, and a panel with a 24 hour clock which is set to ensure we get the economy 7 tariff. This panel also has a boost button which we can have on for up to 90 minutes to obtain additional hot water.

1) The most serious problem at the moment is that we are only getting very short blasts of hot water in the morning, maybe 3 seconds every 10 seconds, when the shower is set to over 30 degrees (any less than this and there is no hot water) as well as no hot water in the afternoon/evening. The tank at the top is filled. The boiler itself feels warm to hot. An external engineer came out to try and fix the problem and advised my landlord that the immersion heater had been switched off and should be on all the time. Having done some reading on this I don't think that is correct - my understanding is that this switch should only be on if we want additional hot water and certainly not kept on permanently. In any case the immersion heater was on for nearly 24hours without providing any hot water. I have since turned it off.

2) The other problem I have experienced intermittently for over a year is that there is often no hot water in the afternoon or evening. I am not sure what I should be getting i.e. should I be getting hot water 24hours a day without using the 'water heater' or the panel boost switch?

3) Lastly, what is the different between the 'water heater' switch and the panel boost switch?

Please could you advise? Any help greatly received!

Many thanks

ClaireF

Back to top Go down

Only short blasts of hot water in the morning, rarely hot water in the afternoon/evening Empty Re: Only short blasts of hot water in the morning, rarely hot water in the afternoon/evening

Post  mike Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi,
With ref to your post.
All your question have been covered many times.
Look through the Pulsacoil 2000 posts.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk.

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Only short blasts of hot water in the morning, rarely hot water in the afternoon/evening Empty Re: Only short blasts of hot water in the morning, rarely hot water in the afternoon/evening

Post  ClaireF Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Okay thanks Mike.

ClaireF

Back to top Go down

Only short blasts of hot water in the morning, rarely hot water in the afternoon/evening Empty Possible Answers To Your Questions About Your Pulsacoil 2000

Post  sunny.sahdev Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:09 am

1) Short Burst Of Hot Water - This could be related to your pump, sensors being faulty. Before getting these checked, I would recommend you check the water level in your header tank. If you are not sure how to do this, request a free "Self Check Pulsacoil Mini Guide" via this link: Pulsacoil 2000

2) Insufficient Hot Water - This could be due to the size of your system being incorrect and undersized. It could also relate to the flow rate of your system being insufficient. Other causes could be the water in the system is not reaching peak temperature due to faulty elements, thermostats or even incorrect thermostats. If the system needs replacing, you can find further information on the new system via the links below:
Pulsacoil BP
Pulsacoil BP Manual
Pulsacoil Replacement

3) Differences With Switches - Some engineers label these switches differently, you most likely should have three switches (Off Peak, On Peak And Pump). The off peak switch is for the bottom element, the on peak switch is for the top element and the pump switch is for the main cylinder PCB. This become confusing to explain without pictures, I would recommend you read the information provide via this link: Pulsacoil and request a free self check Pulsacoil mini guide.

I hope this help, if you struggle to understand any of it, please feel free to call us on 0800 046 1241.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down