Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change default setting ?

2 posters

Go down

Change default setting ? Empty Change default setting ?

Post  B@man Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:32 am

Is it possible to change the control board default settings ?

Reason I ask is being tight yorkshireman I've disconnected the link that allows the unit to charge on peak as I'm not in, but when the store is depleted the DHW pump runs continually as the control board tries to get the heat exchanger up to temperature, I would have expected it it know that the store is depleted and not bother running the pump aimlessly but nope that would be a bit too clever.

So to save the DHW pump is it possible to change the off peak charge temp cut off to say 55 degrees ? saving peak power consumption but ensuring that the DHW part of the system is satisfied ??

B@man

Back to top Go down

Change default setting ? Empty Re: Change default setting ?

Post  mike Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:53 am

AS far as I know you can not.
But a quick call to Gledhill's tech line @ 60p per minute would give you a 100% answer.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  B@man Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:55 am

Thanks Mike.

Not an issue at the moment, following the burnt out relay problem disconnecting the supply to one of the boiler elements, the working element failed on Saturday so I swapped the supply over at the relay base to the second element then During Monday the second element in the flow boiler also failed, I had noticed that the when using the second element the boiler was a lot quieter but took longer to charge.

Result : Cold flat, no shower + Cross Girlfriend....

Seems odd that both elements failed so quickly, is this normal if the supply fails to one element ?
Could limescale be responsible as I know the system just has tap water in it due to a leak from the backflow valve ?

I have asked the landlord to replace :
Heater assembly
Replace relays with the upgrade kit
Replace the leaking valve
and put some form or corrosion inhibitor in the system.

B@man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down