Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to set up a boiler - please help

2 posters

Go down

how to set up a boiler - please help Empty how to set up a boiler - please help

Post  andziamonka Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:33 am

Hello, I just moved to flat with PulsaColi Aclass boiler and I was told that it is set up correctly to have a hot water whole day. The problem is that after 2 showers in the morning I we dont have hot water to have a shower in the evening. No one is using water during a day... Is it correct??
I read posts and manual... This boots button not always help... only sometimes.. but anyway we are not using hot water during a day.
Moreover from few days my off-peak switch on the wall start illuminates earlier than before - at 9pm... and it illuminates till 7am. My off peak tarriff is from 12pm till 7am and it used to illuminate in this time only before... What that's mean? Do I have to set it up again?? Am I using peak time electricity when it iluminates from 9pm?
Please give me some advices
Andzia

andziamonka

Back to top Go down

how to set up a boiler - please help Empty Re: how to set up a boiler - please help

Post  Mario.S Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:16 am

andziamonka wrote:Hello, I just moved to flat with PulsaColi Aclass boiler and I was told that it is set up correctly to have a hot water whole day. The problem is that after 2 showers in the morning I we dont have hot water to have a shower in the evening. No one is using water during a day... Is it correct??
I read posts and manual... This boots button not always help... only sometimes.. but anyway we are not using hot water during a day.
Moreover from few days my off-peak switch on the wall start illuminates earlier than before - at 9pm... and it illuminates till 7am. My off peak tarriff is from 12pm till 7am and it used to illuminate in this time only before... What that's mean? Do I have to set it up again?? Am I using peak time electricity when it iluminates from 9pm?
Please give me some advices
Andzia
T o start with, your Pulsacoil ( like all Pulsacoil) is a night storage water heater, so, from this, yes you can have ho water whenever you want, but you will get only that in total, as is heated in the off peak time ( depending on the since of your unit between 150l to 250l ) be also aware , your taps ( and shower/ bath tap) is running on main pressure, this means standard taps on 8 l/min shower on 12 l/min bath on 18 l/min. ( 2 showers wit about 5 minutes times 12 l/min is 120 l in total !!!!). You will be better off with an economic 10 tariff unlike your economy 7 you have now. This will give you up to 3 times the hot water as now, spread over the day. ( you have to do this with your electricity supplier : EON, Southern electric....). Regards to your off peak LED coming on , this is always off peak, course the LED ( indicating electric supply) is coming direct from your electric meter, if off peak is present. So nothing to worry about. The off peak supply can vary from aria to aria, the only promise is 7 h off peak in a 24h period, this could be also splitter in 2 lots , but in total 7 h.
regards Mario at
Mario's Boiler Service, Fareham ,Hampshire
07513 50 55 55

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down