Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil III Cost of replacement. Help!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil III Cost of replacement. Help!!!! Empty Pulsacoil III Cost of replacement. Help!!!!

Post  regswallow Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:18 am

Hi, I have been looking through the Forum and it seems this model is no longer available. Ill get to the chase. I rent out a property that is a little too far away for me to jump in the car and check out what is being said is true. My tenants have stated that they are getting no hot water. My agents got a plumber around who said it is rusted and needs replacing I was quoted £1800 inc VAT. I was like ouch so asked for another quote and the make and model to see if I could source it any cheaper. Well the 2nd plumber has said the same £1800. So are they quoting a good price for a replacement? If the Pulsacoil III is no longer around are they replacing with another model? Could they still source this model? Am I better to replace with a newer/enviro friendly or cheaper model?

Please help and I really thank you for taking the time out to help me.

Location of house is N.Yorks if anyone knows someone who can do me a good deal?

regswallow

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil III Cost of replacement. Help!!!! Empty Re: Pulsacoil III Cost of replacement. Help!!!!

Post  Mario.S Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:42 pm

regswallow wrote:Hi, I have been looking through the Forum and it seems this model is no longer available. Ill get to the chase. I rent out a property that is a little too far away for me to jump in the car and check out what is being said is true. My tenants have stated that they are getting no hot water. My agents got a plumber around who said it is rusted and needs replacing I was quoted £1800 inc VAT. I was like ouch so asked for another quote and the make and model to see if I could source it any cheaper. Well the 2nd plumber has said the same £1800. So are they quoting a good price for a replacement? If the Pulsacoil III is no longer around are they replacing with another model? Could they still source this model? Am I better to replace with a newer/enviro friendly or cheaper model?

Please help and I really thank you for taking the time out to help me.

Location of house is N.Yorks if anyone knows someone who can do me a good deal?

First i would check the water in the top tank, if this is about half full ( up to the visible rim). if not , this is why there is no hot water, check the Pump, and the pcp.
Next , the tank is made from cupper, so corrosion is only from the outer cover, if you losing to match water from your top tank , try first with a bottle of leak sealer ( fernox).
£ 1800 for a replacement boiler is ok, you will not find anything match cheaper as this. Adequate boiler will cost between 800 and 1200 plus VAT plus installation cost plus labour, so 1800 all in, is a good quote.
regards Mario at Marios Boiler Service , Hampshire

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil III Cost of replacement. Help!!!! Empty Re: Pulsacoil III Cost of replacement. Help!!!!

Post  regswallow Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Mario

thank you very much for your reply, its muchly appreciated.

regswallow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayne Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi
I spoke to Gledhill yesterday and enquired about replacement cost, they quoted (just on the phone, not an 'official' quote) £1500 or £1600 depending on size, provided and installed by them, with a landlord discount that they offer. Not sure if that included vat though so probably similar ballpark to what you've been quoted...
Hope this helps...

Rayne

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil III Cost of replacement. Help!!!! Empty Better priced Pulsacoil Replacement service

Post  sunny.sahdev Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:47 am

Hi Rayne,

Careful who you get to install a replacement system, if it is not done right you may loss your warranty rights. If you need advice on which system would be best for your installation, call us on 0800 046 1241 or visit any of the links below:
Pulsacoil Replacement
Pulsacoil BP
Pulsacoil BP Manual
Gledhill Pulsacoil BP Spares

I hope this helps you and others seeking to replace a Pulsacoil 3 boiler.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down