Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hot water ok/no heating 90% of the time

3 posters

Go down

hot water ok/no heating 90% of the time Empty hot water ok/no heating 90% of the time

Post  gk Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:24 am

no problem with hot water, however heating very rarely comes on at present. when i turn the power to the boiler off and then back on(resetting everything) the heating works fine, however as soon as i turn the hot water tap on, the power to the heating cuts off, but doesn't switch back on when i turn the hot tap off??? however occasionaly when i come in from work there is evidence that the heating has been on! any ideas? thermistor?

gk

Back to top Go down

hot water ok/no heating 90% of the time Empty Re: hot water ok/no heating 90% of the time

Post  mike Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:58 pm

I have none of these units in my area.
But looking at the manual.
No thermistor in the manual by the way!
There are sensors. But your problem is not those.
Have you checked the main ACB (PCB)
For faults codes?
And if the display is correct?
I assume all time controls and any room stats have been checked?
If so then I would be looking towards the ACB.
As resetting has worked for you.
Had any lightening strikes or power surges in the last few months?
That will / can take the ACB' out.
Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

hot water ok/no heating 90% of the time Empty Re: hot water ok/no heating 90% of the time

Post  Mario.S Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 pm

gk wrote:no problem with hot water, however heating very rarely comes on at present. when i turn the power to the boiler off and then back on(resetting everything) the heating works fine, however as soon as i turn the hot water tap on, the power to the heating cuts off, but doesn't switch back on when i turn the hot tap off??? however occasionaly when i come in from work there is evidence that the heating has been on! any ideas? thermistor?

I am having lots of electramates in my area, it could be ,the dhw return sensor is not coming of to get back to heating, I would first replace the Hot water and return sensors, to start with, if this all do not work, than yes new pcb would be appropriate Mario at Marios Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down