Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boiler pump running for a long time

2 posters

Go down

Boiler pump running for a long time Empty Boiler pump running for a long time

Post  Al.dave Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:28 am

The boiler pump on my boilermate runs for hours even when the heating is off. The unit is hot and we have no problems with the heating temp etc. our gas usage has increased by approx 40%. The pump sometimes goes off. Does this take heat away from the thermal store?.the pump is on max speed and the boiler is on its max setting.please help

Al.dave

Back to top Go down

Boiler pump running for a long time Empty Re: Boiler pump running for a long time

Post  Mario.S Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:35 pm

yes this can take heat away from the thermal store, especially if your Gas Boiler is in the garage, could be a fault on your pump delay PCB / PCB, depending how old ( model) your unit is. Some later ones have a full combine PCB ( like the 2000 model) some alder have the 2 separate pcb's
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Boiler pump running for a long time Empty Re: Boiler pump running for a long time

Post  Mario.S Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 pm

oh sorry ( need my glasses :-)you have the mark 2 unit, you have 2 PCB's, i would reccomande change both ( for parts google: segel gledhill parts)
Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

Back to top Go down

Boiler pump running for a long time Empty Thanks

Post  Al.dave Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Yes the boiler is in the garage , I think our boilermate is actually the original one it just says boilermate on the front panel model fe 180 . Think I will use Brit gas insurance to sort as I have a fixed price call out. Do you think it's is why my gas usage is so high?

Al.dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:05 pm

technically, your Gas Boiler exchanger works in the moment like a radiator and of course warms your garage , so you get a bigger heat loss on the thermal store ( Boilermate), result is your Gas Boiler has to re heat the Boilermate more often, means more gas is used of course.
regarding your contract with British Gas, I hope for you ,you get a engineer how knows about Gledhill Boiler, I have a lot of customer from privies BG contracts. BG engineer was always ignoring any Gledhill Boiler or try to get you to install a new one ( one also BG has a bit of knowledge of) BG are good for any Gas Boiler, but this is so far there ( most of them) knowledge is going. As I worked as a Gledhill employed engineer ( from 2000 to 2011), we done a lot of contract work for BG contracts, course there engineers would not touch any Boilermate or Systamate.
Good luck
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler service

Mario.S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down