Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Header tank needs topping up constantly

3 posters

Go down

Header tank needs topping up constantly Empty Header tank needs topping up constantly

Post  TimR Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 am

Hi,

I have a PulsaCoil 2000 in the flat I rent out. I lived there for 5 years without any problems but since I started to rent it out there has been an ongoing problem.

A couple of years ago one of the thermostats was replaced. Over the last year, my tenant has been required to top up the plastic header tank very often, about once a month she says. I don't know exactly how much she puts in, I don't think it's a almost dry, more of a top up.

Where might this water be going to? Is the store leaking and beyond repair maybe?

Thanks

Tim

TimR

Back to top Go down

Header tank needs topping up constantly Empty Re: Header tank needs topping up constantly

Post  Mario.S Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:32 am

take the front cover off and have a close lock for the immersion heater, may there is a leak at the rod stat pockets, if in the black cap is water or damp, there is, and you need new immersion.
(many of my landlord customer have also a sight glass fitted to the top up tank, to check how much water is in and when to top up and to where, have a lock on my website for some pictures, any questions about this, contact me)
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Header tank needs topping up constantly Empty Check the cylinder as well

Post  sunny.sahdev Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:20 am

Also check the main cylinder is not leaking. If the elements are fine or are not fine, still check the cylinder is not leaking. If it is leaking, you will need to replace the system as the cylinder can not be repaired.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Header tank needs topping up constantly Empty Re: Header tank needs topping up constantly

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down