PHE sensor problem again!! - resistance readings?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PHE sensor problem again!! - resistance readings?

Post  Lucky_s on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:11 am

Hi,

I have a problem with my PHE sensor again!, just replaced both DHW and PHE sensors along with the PHE Pump and all was good for a month. Now though water is fluctuating hot, cold and then hot and then cold.

I checked the reading on the ACB and the sensor is reading 99 degree with taps off which is not correct and 'Err' with the taps running, so seems like the readings from the sensor are wrong. Is this a sensor issues again or the ACB this time.

Does anyone know what the readings should be from a normal sensor, resistance if resistance based, or voltage if voltage based. I want to know if this new sensor is faulty before I go buying another, or if the ACB is the problem.

Many thanks

Lucky_s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PHE sensor problem again!! - resistance readings?

Post  mike on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Looks like sensor.
Try removing them and cleaning.
Also switch unit off and wait.
Then back on this re boots it.
Did you have those error codes before?
Mike

mike

View user profile http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky_s on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:34 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks, looks like the re-boot has worked, switched it back on the sensor is now reading 60 degrees.

Before the sensor was changed last time it always read Err regardless of re-boots.

So is the re-boot required a common problem, or could this still be a faulty sensor still?

I will wait and monitor.

Lucky

Lucky_s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mike on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:28 pm

I think you will find.
That the error code will stay on the ACB.
And will stay there and record 16 faults before the first one drops off.
Mike

mike

View user profile http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky_s on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:59 am

Hi,

Been monitoring this for a while and all was behaving it self until this morning. Water went cold again for a while and then back to hot. Checked the sensor temperature and it was reading 99 degrees again and Err when water was running.

I have since re-set the system again buy switching it off and then on. The reading is fine again now.

Any ideas why this would keep happening. Could it be the sensor again?

Thanks

Lucky

Lucky_s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky_s on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:23 pm

I am having to reset ( switch off and then on ) my system due to the temperature reading on the sensor reading 99 degrees. Any ideas if this could be the sensor, or could this be a glitch with the ACB. I have changed the sensor once and it works for a couple of weeks and then water starts going cold/hot/cold. I then reset and then it's ok for another couple of weeks and so on.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Lucky_s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  scorp on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:11 pm

It can be PCB but most likely it is sensor if you had it working for a month. Check quality of wires connection in PCB terminals for the sensor. Where did you buy it, is it possible that it is cheap replica(I never bought them, just asking)? Mike suggested the way how to check it, may work for you. Reset unit and having 60 degree on display try to move a little bit wires from sensor, near the sensor body. If you see at least once odd readings then it is sensor.

scorp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky_s on Wed May 08, 2013 2:00 am

Senor was supplied by heating engineer, so I don't really know the quality of it, but bet its the cheaper one. Though having said that it was ordered at the same time as the DHW pump which is specific to gledhill, so can only assume the sensor came from there too. It's got to the point where a reset only works for 5 mines now, so looks like the sensor. I have wiggled the wires and doesn't seem to effect it.

Could not having inhibitor in the system cause this issue with a new sensor?

Lucky_s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top