Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tearing my hair out! No hot water/heating after flow boiler replacement

Go down

Tearing my hair out! No hot water/heating after flow boiler replacement Empty Tearing my hair out! No hot water/heating after flow boiler replacement

Post  life of bryan Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:55 am

I'm hoping one of you good folks can help me,I'm a plumber and come across my second ever Electramate 2000 (oh joy) which had no hot water/heating. I tested that there was power going to the flow boiler which there was so thought "easy diagnosis" just a new flow boiler needed on a side note I noticed that the isolator valve was shut off which I thought was a bit unusual and also the off peak heating switch on the wall was also turned off but the tennant of this property said they don't use it for heating so put it down to that.Anyway ordered a new flow boiler from Gledhill, drained the system/fitted it and refilled no problem turned on heating isolater and switch on wall.During turning on and testing I found it wasnt heating up,all the relevant green LED's light up,the display shows no faults when navigating through the menu's and all the relevant dash's on the display show but there is no power to the flow boiler.The relays have been replaced in the past with Relpol units and what I am noticing is that on initial start up is that the power goes past the fuses to the relays but no further and the moment the green LED for the boiler comes on on the circuit board there is a loud click and the power drops back to the fuses but no further and not up to or past the relays.Does this mean one of the relays has gone?

life of bryan

Back to top Go down

Tearing my hair out! No hot water/heating after flow boiler replacement Empty Re: Tearing my hair out! No hot water/heating after flow boiler replacement

Post  life of bryan Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:51 pm

Just by way of a conclusion to this,after some testing with a mutimeter I found the two back 25amp off peak fuses had blown but unusually they were allowing 50v and 130v to the flow boiler making the electric do unusual things so I replaced the relays and put the front ok fuses to the back which allowed me to run and test the system which is working fine now and sending the usual 240v to the flow boiler and I just need to go back and put 2 new 25amp fuses to the peak side.

life of bryan

Back to top Go down