Electramate - Very confused!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Electramate - Very confused!!

Post  Miss M on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:45 am

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me some advice about this system, as I am really confused by it.

Have been browsing this site for a while to try and find the answers I need, but no luck despite all of the information. However, this has helped me understand loads about the system.

I moved into this 2 bedroom flat in mid January, and after only 52 days got a bill for £240. I had swapped to a new supplier when I moved in, and am glad I did. There is only me and my daughter here, and she is out at work all day until early evening and I don't have much electrical use in the day time. However my night time readings are 5 times as much as the day time ones, and all that is on apart from the fridge and freezer is the Electramate.

I think I am on Economy 7 tariff, but not sure so have asked the supplier to let me know.

I don't know if this is 9 or 12w, I can't see it anywhere on the system.
Have just switched it over to summer.
There are no user instructions, just a blank piece of paper that states 'User Manual'.
There are 2 red switches on the wall that I can see the boiler is wired to - one of them says 'cooker' and the other is just a switch - looks like something you have in your kitchen!

I know someone else asked if they could turn the system off, but I could not find a reply, so can I?
Could I also get a user/instruction manual online? as I do not like not knowing how my heating system operates. It seems that I am just heating up water during the night that is just wasted during the day as it is not used for heating, and it seems a bit pointless not to mention expensive.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I am operating in the dark here with no information available to me other than what I have found on this site.

Many many thanks in advance for any responses.
Sandra

Miss M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electramate - Very confused!!

Post  mike on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Yes iof you look on the home page posts.
You will find link for the user instructions
And installer manual.
It should tell you on your electricity bill if on off peak or E7.
Sorted!
Mike

mike

View user profile http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Not sure which one you mean

Post  Miss M on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:46 am

Hello and thanks for this,
sorry for the delayed reply, computer was broken (but that's a whole other story).

I have been to the home page and cannot see what you mean could you please post a link or the title so I can find it. I can see the Electramate topics, but don't know which one it is.

Thanks again
Sandra

Miss M

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electramate - Very confused!!

Post  mike on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 am

Go on Google
Look up Gledhill
Enter site
Downloads
Pick your unit out.