Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replaces immersions, still having problems

3 posters

Go down

Replaces immersions, still having problems Empty Replaces immersions, still having problems

Post  Shanagarry Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 am

Hi there

I recently moved in to a rented apartment fitted with a Pulsacoil III. It's my first experience of a thermal storage hot water system. When we moved in the only operatable switch near the Pulsacoil, labelled 'Water Heater' , was switched on, so we left it as such. Everything was fine initially and we had constant piping hot water. However, last week the water cooled down and eventually went cold over the course of the day. A plumber was sent by the management company who is unfamiliar with the pulsacoil system. He advised that both immersion heaters were gone. Now that I understand the system better, I'm assuming that the off peak immersion has been gone for some time and we were getting hot water from the constantly on boost immersion, which then also failed. He returned yesterday and fitted both immersions. He found the relay to be faulty and said the boost immersion won't work until he replaces the relay tomorrow but that the off peak immersion would be fine. However this morning the water was only lukewarm. Now at 2pm the exchanger plate is only slightly warm to the touch. Could the off peak also be affected by the relay? Or is there another issue? The plumber seems to be trying to figure things out as he goes along so any pointers I could raise with him would be very helpful.

Shanagarry

Back to top Go down

Replaces immersions, still having problems Empty Re: Replaces immersions, still having problems

Post  mike Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Well have you the manual on the unit?
If not it tells you on here how to get one.
Best to check through as if commissioning for the first time.
That will ensure all the check have been made, then go from there.
While on site your guy can call Gledhill technical line 60p per minute.
But cheap if all set up to test etc.
10 mins = £6:00p
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Replaces immersions, still having problems Empty You can request a Pulsacoil 3 manual from here

Post  sunny.sahdev Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:03 am

I agree with Mike, you can request the manual using this link - Pulsacoil 3 Manual

I would also recommend "with no disrespect to the plumber you are using" he does not touch the system. If he doesn't understand how the Pulsacoil 3 works or electrics, it 100% he will be guessing everything. This could end up costing more, taking longer to resolve issue or even make the system worse.

If he needs to speak to us, we can try helping him, just call us on 0800 046 1241 and we'll do our best to help but can't guarantee anything unless its one of our experts on site.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Replaces immersions, still having problems Empty Re: Replaces immersions, still having problems

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down