Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it normal for the radiators to be warm?

3 posters

Go down

Is it normal for the radiators to be warm? Empty Is it normal for the radiators to be warm?

Post  9000se Mon May 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone could help me with their experience?

I have switched off the heating completely (off on the Thermostat / Remote Controller) and I have left all the radiators turned off (no water going to it) apart from one in the hallway and when I woke up yesterday morning, it was warm to touch, so I did a little experiment, turned that off and turned the one in my room on - same thing, it was warm to touch.

Is it normal for the radiator to be warm (very tepid) to touch when the heating is switched off?

Many Thanks

9000se

Back to top Go down

Is it normal for the radiators to be warm? Empty Re: Is it normal for the radiators to be warm?

Post  mike Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 am

You could have a problem.
But heat will travel etc.
Heat rises.
If it does it will move.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Is it normal for the radiators to be warm? Empty Re: Is it normal for the radiators to be warm?

Post  Midland Boilercare Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:04 am

Hi

I know this reply is a bit late, but the radiators shouldn't get hot when the central heating is switched off on and Electramate unit.
Water has to be circulating to allow the radiators to heat up even a little bit, and with the heating turned off, the central heating pump doesn't run.

There are two possible causes for this. The most probable cause is that the non return valve below the central heating could be faulty, allowing water to pass to the radiators whenever the hot water pump is running (they are both on the same branch of pipework).
The other possibility, although extremely rare, is that the ACB circuit board is allowing a trickle voltage to the heating pump, and thus allowing the pump to run.

I would be inclined to replace the non return valve and retest the unit before I did anything else.

Hope this helps
Midland Boilercare
Midland Boilercare

http://www.midlandboilercare.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down