Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Systemate Hot water cylinder divertervalve

3 posters

Go down

Systemate Hot water cylinder divertervalve Empty Systemate Hot water cylinder divertervalve

Post  Karen Chamberlain Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:35 am

Hi Mike,
we have a problem with our hot water. We can get heating from our gas boiler but no hot water. We called out an engioneer from First National Associates (a company I will NEVER use again) who have told us it will cost £300 for a new diverter valve for this type of cylinder(systemate SP144 standard fill). I have looked around on the internet as prices and the most expensive diverter valves seem tro be less than £150. Are we being ripped off?
thanks,
Karen

Karen Chamberlain

Back to top Go down

Systemate Hot water cylinder divertervalve Empty Re: Systemate Hot water cylinder divertervalve

Post  Mike the Boilerman Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi Karen,

Yes. Unless he meant the £300 included fitting it.

Come to think of it I'm not sure there IS a diverter valve in SM2000. If you still need to know, I'll check up for you.

Cheers, Mike

Karen Chamberlain wrote:Hi Mike,
we have a problem with our hot water. We can get heating from our gas boiler but no hot water. We called out an engioneer from First National Associates (a company I will NEVER use again) who have told us it will cost £300 for a new diverter valve for this type of cylinder(systemate SP144 standard fill). I have looked around on the internet as prices and the most expensive diverter valves seem tro be less than £150. Are we being ripped off?
thanks,
Karen

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Systemate Hot water cylinder divertervalve Empty Re: Systemate Hot water cylinder divertervalve

Post  Midland Boilercare Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:04 pm

I know that this post is old now (replying in July 2009) but you should not be replacing the divertor valve in the Systemate 200 because THERE IS NO DIVERTOR VALVE in the Systemate 2000 unit.
Like the Boilermate 2000, the Systemate 2000 has 3 pumps with non return valves underneath them. The Systemate only differs from the Boilermate by being used on sealed heating systems (usually because the Systemate is not installed at the top of the heating system). Other than that, there is no difference.

Regards
Dave Hickey
service@midlandboilercare.co.uk
07973 624179
Midland Boilercare
Midland Boilercare

http://www.midlandboilercare.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down