Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pulsacoil & boilermate replacements different brands and more reliable against breakdowns essex & london area's. TEL:0203 151 2340

2 posters

Go down

pulsacoil & boilermate replacements different brands and more reliable against breakdowns essex & london area's. TEL:0203 151 2340  Empty pulsacoil & boilermate replacements different brands and more reliable against breakdowns essex & london area's. TEL:0203 151 2340

Post  boilerbreakdownservice Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:25 am

We are a professional repairer of pulsacoil and boilermate thermal store heaters.
Gledhill thermal stores are prone to many faults and overall expensive to repair. We replace these heaters with stainless steel thermal stores that have no circuit boards, sensors and pumps that continually become faulty on gledhill pulsacoils and boilermates.
We convert boilermates to traditional fully pumped heating systems. We have completed recently a boilermate that was leaking by removing it to replace with a different make and our customers are delighted.
As pulsacoils get to ten years old they are no longer viable to repair due to costs and we recommend they be changed for our brands we recommend. The boilermate we just changed was only 5 years old when it leaked onto the customers floor. It was the 2nd boilermate in ten years which shows how bad boilermates are and are only made of copper not stainless steel.
Feel free to call me on 0203 151 2340 0r 07825 148538 to discuss changing your gladhill to a different make and model.

boilerbreakdownservice

http://www.boilerbreakdownservice.com

Back to top Go down

pulsacoil & boilermate replacements different brands and more reliable against breakdowns essex & london area's. TEL:0203 151 2340  Empty Re: pulsacoil & boilermate replacements different brands and more reliable against breakdowns essex & london area's. TEL:0203 151 2340

Post  mike Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Just thought I would comment on your post.
I attend to a great deal of Gledhill units.
Yes I have replaced many too.
But a small percentage compared to the numbers out there.
The common reasons for replacing  units are;
Installed incorrectly;
None or not enough inhibitor on installation.
Not enough support under the unit whether on the pallet it is delivered on or a purpose built plinth.
The weight of the average unit when full is a quarter of a ton.
There are many airing cupboards where the floor has dropped leaving a gap between the floor / skirting.
Reference to Stainless steel.
The weak spot will be where any welding has been carried making the unit and the connections.
Any one interested check out the link below;
http://www.wikihow.com/Weld-Stainless-Steel
What brands are you using / recommending?
How many have you tried?
And when was the first one fitted?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

pulsacoil & boilermate replacements different brands and more reliable against breakdowns essex & london area's. TEL:0203 151 2340  Empty pulsacoil replacements and boilermate replacements london & essex. 0203 151 2340

Post  boilerbreakdownservice Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 am

hi mike,

your right about weights and support. i replace pulsacoil 2000 aad boilermates for stainless steel thermal stores made by elson. the problems associated with say pulsa's A class as you know relays burn out. pumps stick due to corrosion in the pump slowing down and grinding the pump to a halt. ht1 sensors are a common fault on pulsa 2000 and so on.
a lady i fitted an indirect thermal store was converted from a boilermate to a fully pumped system last week. this was her 2nd boilermate A class in 10 years. the reason was sludge in the system caused it to corrode and leak. 
pulsacoil 2000 model was replaced 2 weeks ago for a elson. mains fed hot water without needing a pump to run through a heat plate. customer loves it. some times you find rust scabs on pulsacoil cases on the side which indicate that it has leaked into the insulation. he was recommended a BP replacement but took my quote to have a different make instead as he had enough of gledhill.
i am not critical too much of gledhill but customers have to fork out good money for repairs and if 2 or 3 parts plus labour are involved then expensive.
I am happy to replace your customers boilermates etc. I have part 2 of the installation video to load on you tube and you can see part 1 with this link. 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryRYzEbfUvk or type in boilermate replacement into you tube.

boilerbreakdownservice

http://www.boilerbreakdownservice.com

Back to top Go down

pulsacoil & boilermate replacements different brands and more reliable against breakdowns essex & london area's. TEL:0203 151 2340  Empty Re: pulsacoil & boilermate replacements different brands and more reliable against breakdowns essex & london area's. TEL:0203 151 2340

Post  mike Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:50 am

Yes a complex subject really.
In my view a combi boiler has a life of 7 years possibly 10.
But money will have been spent on it during that time.
Biggest problem with all systems / units is the install.
Inhibitor not present or not enough.
Boilermate 2000's I fit lots of PCB's which are not cheap.
They have 3 pumps which in all fairness are not too much trouble.
Fully pumped systems
Whether Y plan, S plan or S plan plus are great.
But the trouble will always be the motorised valves.
I like Honeywell myself, but would admit that the zone valve motors could me made more robust.
Grundfos pumps are my first choice too.
With ref to the Boilermate BP units.
If Gledhill could supply a Y plan or S plan configuration kit would be helpful.
As it is very tight fitting it all into the bottom left hand corner and time consuming too. Resulting in a very long and hard days work.
Sometimes it comes down to space where the unit is located.
Albion make the mains flow units which can be used.
But as with all things time will tell.
Powermax and Gulfstreams are next on the list.
People will not or do not like them.
Again there are valid reasons, but also the unknown put people off even looking.
Niche markets are created then for the user and the repairer.
Thermal stores give hot water at mains pressure or nearly.
Combi boiler do not.
But as more people go onto water meters do they need / want showers chucking water out at 18 litres upwards per minute?
The more you use the more energy used to re heat etc.
Complex subject indeed.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down