No hot water in the morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No hot water in the morning

Post  Toby B on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:14 am

Hello,

This problem started recently and seems to be happening more and more often where I go to have a shower in the morning and there's no hot water.

The tank is at the right level, and the green light is on. When this happens I tend to switch the pump switch on and off, and switch the peak button back on and then the hot water will return within 15 - 30 mins. Today took 90 minutes, but I don't know whether that's just from having the Peak on. The Off peak should have heated it overnight.

I really don't want to have to pay someone to come have a look at it if there is something really straightforward I'm missing or should be looking at, but this is beginning to become frustrating so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Toby B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No hot water in the morning

Post  Mario.S on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:41 pm

First to say, this could be coursed by 3 things, one: Immersion faulty, two, thermostat faulty, three: sensor / pcb problem. First get a clamp meter and test the Immersion and thermostat. If both work, test the sensor.
I hope this helps
Mario at Mario's Boiler Service
PS: If problems with any Gledhill Product would be so strait forward, there would be no need for this forum , and anyone could fix problems with a hammer as DIY job, but it isn't.

Mario.S

View user profile http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Toby B on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks Mario.

Not knowing anything about boilers or how to check them, is it easy to get hold of a clamp meter?

And how exactly would I check the immersion and thermostat?

Thanks again, really appreciated

Jorge

Toby B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:13 am

Toby B wrote:Thanks Mario.

Not knowing anything about boilers or how to check them, is it easy to get hold of a clamp meter?

And how exactly would I check the immersion and thermostat?

Thanks again, really appreciated

Jorge

I guess, this was a foe times explain in the forum, You can get a clamp meter from any DIY shop or screw fix.
Test the resistant on the Immersion and the current electric flow, if live with the thermostat linked in. Check if the pipes internal at your Pulsacoil are hot in the morning.
hope this helps
Mario at Mario's Boiler service

Mario.S

View user profile http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Is it safet for you to try this Toby

Post  sunny.sahdev on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:23 am

Toby, I understand you are trying to save money but I would strongly recommend you get an expert out to do these checks. Some parts maybe live and could lead to injury. Just be careful if you decide to go ahead with it yourself.

Goodluck

sunny.sahdev

View user profile http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top