Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No hot water, no lights on LED display

2 posters

Go down

No hot water, no lights on LED display Empty No hot water, no lights on LED display

Post  els9876 Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 am

Over the weekend my hot water stopped on my Electramate 2000.

I had an engineer out and he checked the voltage (?) going different points on the main electrical board. The only wires with no power going were at the top of the board above the LED. This wire connected the board to a pipe further down in the system and if I recall correctly, it was some sort of water temperature sensor.

My engineer is going to try and source the sensor and replace that, hoping that cures the problem. Could that be the issue? The engineer referred to a T2 or T3 switch? I may be wrong though. The logic was that if the sensor is not working, then the system would not know to turn on elements etc to heat the water. The pumps all seemed to be on and working.

I also noticed that there is no display on the LED whatsover - should there be? The four green lights on the board are all on.

Any advice would be appreciated - sorry if I am being vague, this isn't something I have a lot of knowledge in.

Thanks.

els9876

Back to top Go down

No hot water, no lights on LED display Empty Re: No hot water, no lights on LED display

Post  Mario.S Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:40 am

els9876 wrote:Over the weekend my hot water stopped on my Electramate 2000.

I had an engineer out and he checked the voltage (?) going different points on the main electrical board.  The only wires with no power going were at the top of the board above the LED.  This wire connected the board to a pipe further down in the system and if I recall correctly, it was some sort of water temperature sensor.

My engineer is going to try and source the sensor and replace that, hoping that cures the problem.  Could that be the issue?  The engineer referred to a T2 or T3 switch?  I may be wrong though.  The logic was that if the sensor is not working, then the system would not know to turn on elements etc to heat the water.  The pumps all seemed to be on and working.

I also noticed that there is no display on the LED whatsover - should there be?  The four green lights on the board are all on.

Any advice would be appreciated - sorry if I am being vague, this isn't something I have a lot of knowledge in.

Thanks.
Hi
Your PCB on your Electramate 2000 is faulty. You need an new GT155 pcb ( if this is a 9kw boiler , a standard V29 required is yours a 12kw boiler you need an V40 PCV !!)
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down