Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heating problems - HELP !!

4 posters

Go down

heating problems - HELP !! Empty heating problems - HELP !!

Post  dotbug Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:26 am

Hi Everyone, seems some time since i have needed your expertise, but heading into another winter has highlighted some heating problems we've had for a while..

we have the systemate 2000 coupled up to a Micron 70ff boiler.... all checked out working fine, all signals are there and temperatures are set ok, the heater pump is turned on full (the guy checked these whilst on the phone to the tech guys at gledhill)....

my problem is, "randomly" we have radiators in the house that sometimes just dont warm up, and only reach luke warm temperature when the heating cuts out, all other radiators are boiling..... i can then check the radiators a day or so later when the heating is on and the troublesome radiators are hot (all be it not boiling like the others)....

the system is approx 12 years old now (not sure that should matter if its working). As a process of elimination, the pump has been changed, the two troublesome radiators have been changed as the guy said they would be sludged up - wrong at my expense....

i get the feeling the pump its self just isnt upto the job of pumping the water around the house - can we add another pump ?...

we are struggling, can you help please ??

dotbug

Back to top Go down

heating problems - HELP !! Empty Re: heating problems - HELP !!

Post  mike Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Balance the system.
Pump is it a 15/50?
Could try a 15/60.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  dotbug Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:52 pm

It seems the plot thickens, the two Pesci radiators are in part of the house that was converted/extended, and one extra rad was added.. I'm now lead to believe that the the extra 6ft double radiator is tee'd into one rad, which is running from 10mm pipe... I'm told this is a big no no !!! Is that correct ??

Basically an extra radiator was added apparently, how should this have been done??

Cheers ,

dotbug

Back to top Go down

Post  dotbug Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi mike,
Finally gotten round to balancing the system , we have 8 radiators upstairs, three have stats which I turned down to four, and the other five I turned of then back on 1/4 of a turn... The system somewhere doesn't like this as the last two nights the boiler has just shutdown and needed manually reset, but only happening since I balanced the system!! I have gone back to all radiators, opened fully and boiler is no longer requiring reset!!! Any ideas??

dotbug

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:32 am

dotbug wrote:It seems the plot thickens, the two Pesci radiators are in part of the house that was converted/extended, and one extra rad was added.. I'm now lead to believe that the the extra 6ft double radiator is tee'd into one rad, which is running from 10mm pipe... I'm told this is a big no no !!! Is that correct ??

Basically an extra radiator was added apparently, how should this have been done??

Cheers ,

Hi
First, as every proper qualified heating engineer knows, the feed for any radiator is depending on the pie size connected to it. So, from the Boiler coming a 22mm ( or also 28mm)pipe to feed all radiators on the line. Means, you start with the biggest diameter on the firs radiator and the smallest on the last. To balance the system, you then reduce the flow on the first radiators on the line and going along you give every following radiator a bit more flow ( using the adjustment on the radiator valves). By adding radiators on to the last one with no sufficient " energy supply" means pipe size and flow, of course the radiator ,no matter how big, will not getting as hot as all others. All you can do is re balancing or live with this. The alternative would be, re piping the system. A faster Pump (15/60 ) speeding only the time up, to get the last radiator warm, but do not get more heat in it ,course the heat "feed" from this micro piping is not man enough to supply for this extra radiator.
If you think of a car, and you add trailer after trailer on the tow bar, any when the car will be not man enough to move. ;-)
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roydaniels Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:37 pm

I have changed the pcb on my gledhil systemate 2000 as it was exhibiting a lot of problems. I have installed a new pcb but now boiler pump is not getting getting a signal. I have by-passed it to run constant to restore heating but this is not ideal. Any ideas?

Roydaniels

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Roydaniels wrote:I have changed the pcb on my gledhil systemate 2000 as it was exhibiting a lot of problems. I have installed a new pcb but now boiler pump is not getting getting a signal. I have by-passed it to run constant to restore heating but this is not ideal. Any ideas?

Hi
OK, Foe things to cheque,
- is your store sensor working correctly?
-is there live to terminal 10 on PCB?
- is there any power on terminal 15 on the wiring block? ( may your switch pcb is faulty, if you have switch?)
- Are both bottom green led’s on your PCB on?
-are all jumpers in the correct position on the PCB? (SM2000 position 1 & 4)
Hop this helps
Mario at Mario’s Boiler Service (Hampshire)

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roydaniels Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:21 am

The display is showing no errors and heat store temperature seems to be reading correctly. It does not have the switch which I note on other models. The store is calling for heat and the boiler is igniting but the pump is not Getting a supply. Everything else seems as it should. I think this was also one of the problems that the old board was exhibiting(among many others). Both green led's illuminate (HL1 & HL2) but there is no feed at pub terminal 10. Very grateful for your input.

Roydaniels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down