Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsa Coil 3 III - Neither green light, overheat pushed in, water topped up. Borked?

4 posters

Go down

Pulsa Coil 3 III  - Neither green light, overheat pushed in, water topped up.  Borked? Empty Pulsa Coil 3 III - Neither green light, overheat pushed in, water topped up. Borked?

Post  BanjoCat Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi all. Been scanning through the other posts but haven't found anything quite the same situation. Neither of the green lights are on. The red LED is flashing twice per second. The overheat switch has not popped out (but have given it a good push in case i haven't noticed). The top tank is practically full. But still no hot water and the tank is cool to the touch (as opposed to the normal warm/hot temp).

Any ideas on anything i've missed or is it time to call in the engineer?

BanjoCat

Back to top Go down

Pulsa Coil 3 III  - Neither green light, overheat pushed in, water topped up.  Borked? Empty Re: Pulsa Coil 3 III - Neither green light, overheat pushed in, water topped up. Borked?

Post  mike Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Checked the stats?
Checked the heaters?
Checked any controls / timers?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pulsa Coil 3 III  - Neither green light, overheat pushed in, water topped up.  Borked? Empty Re: Pulsa Coil 3 III - Neither green light, overheat pushed in, water topped up. Borked?

Post  life of bryan Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Float switch in top up tank could be duff, if so can be bypassed as a temp repair.

life of bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  BanjoCat Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:56 am

Mike - I have no idea what those three things are although the timer was only replaced 6 months ago so I'm guessing it's unlikely to be 3

Life of Bryan - That seems to be the ticket. Gave the top tank a slap and the unit flicked on for half a second. reached in have rigged the float switch to be always on (floss, wooden spoon!) and put the lid back on the F&E. This was last night and now this morning the tank is super hot. What's the chances of burning the flat down if I leave it as is?

How much of a job is a replacing the float switch?

BanjoCat

Back to top Go down

Post  life of bryan Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Not much chance of any problems as is as long as you make sure the top up tank has water, as for a replacement float switch you are looking at an hours labour plus approx £25 for the part.

life of bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  BanjoCat Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:13 pm

I suppose draining the top tank is the hard part?

BanjoCat

Back to top Go down

Post  maxwelln Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:33 am

Apologies for diggin up an old thread but I have the same problem. I found the float switch floating around in the tank this morning.

When i hold it to the mechanism the overheat light comes on but the water level light is still off. The mechanism appears to be magnetic in nature.

I have an engineer coming next week and the tank is full - so Im looking for a way to botch it until this time, does anyone know how to achieve this as currently I can only get the second light on?

Thanks,

Max

UPDATE - it appears that although the light is off, the tank has started producing hot water! In the end I botched it with an elastic band - it should do until the engineer comes.

Thanks for your help,

Max

maxwelln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down