Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0)

2 posters

Go down

Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0) Empty Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0)

Post  culversr Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi,

After following excellent advice on this forum I've just replaced the ACB of my BM2000 system (heating was on semi-continuous & ACB not responding to SW1/SW2).

The new board boots up OK & I can now interrogate the temperatures via SW1 & SW2 for example.

But. I can't make heating work & the thermal store is not triggering the boiler to keep the store hot. I see from the thermal store_T1 values that T1_on and T1_OFF are both zero - which might (?) explain why that's happening?

The store is now at 52 degrees and dropping.

I've tried resetting using jumper 5 (turn off, apply J5, turn on, wait, turn off, remove J5, turn on)

Any ideas?

culversr

Back to top Go down

Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0) Empty Re: Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0)

Post  mike Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Heating will not run if the unit is below 60c.
Is your boiler on MAX.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0) Empty Fixd - I think

Post  culversr Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:34 pm

OK, Apparently fixed - the replacement ACB was originally from a Gulfstream 2000. I eventually swapped out the EPROM from the new board & replaced it with the one from my old board.

Immediately booted up OK & seems to be working.

so, to answer questions posed by others, you *can*, it seems, swap out the EPROM (the big pluggable chip) from one board to another.

culversr

Back to top Go down

Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0) Empty Thanks

Post  culversr Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Cheers Mike - replies crosssed in the ether.

culversr

Back to top Go down

Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0) Empty Re: Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0)

Post  mike Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Yes but not easy to change.
And watch the static!
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Replaced ACB but store not triggering boiler (T1_ON=0) Empty it's a fair cop

Post  culversr Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Yup. Anti-static strap recommended - and even with a little experience i managed to bend a pin, d'oh

so, much care needed if anyone tries this. I think others have said that it's possible that the Rom (I guess it's an EEPROM) can be corrupted, but mine seems fine (so far)

culversr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down