Can leak sealer block the pulsacoil boiler??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Arleta on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 am

Hello Mike,
I have a 10 year old pulsacoil 2000 that had few issues fixed in the past few months. After the last engineer attendance all was working fine, he did recommend on his last visit however to pour the leak sealer to the tank to prevent further small leaks that apparently caused one of the previous problems. So couple of months later I did buy the sealer and poured into the tank. 4 days after that my boiler stopped heating up and as a result I have very cold water coming out of my tap. Subconsciously I did associate this new issue with the sealer and decided to clear the tank of the water with the solution. So I filled the tank with clean water. Unfortunately the sealer is in the system now, so changing the water didn't improve the situation much. There is a pattern though. I've noticed that the boiler goes on at pre-set time and seems to be heating up, but then stops. Then tries again and stops again and so on. Each day it seems to be working longer that on the previous day. As a result I have lukewarm water for one or two minutes and then it goes cold again.
Is there anything I could do myself to solve this in order to avoid calling for the engineer again?? Could it be that the sealer indeed caused the issue?
Many thanks
Arleta

Arleta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can leak sealer block the pulsacoil boiler??

Post  mike on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:25 am

PC 2000.
Not heating up.
Could be;
Relay if fitted.
E7 time clock.
Bottom heater
Bottom rod stat.
If the unit is really hot (feel the big pipe coming out of the top of the unit)
Then it could be;
Pump
Sensors
Pump PCB
Or Plate heat Exchanger (PHE)
Doubt if the leak sealer has caused any problems, it is made for that purpose.
So you have just wasted that!
Look through the posts on here for PC 2000's
Lots of info for you.
Mike

mike

View user profile http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Arleta on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:19 am

Thank you Mike. Today I decided to switch everything off and then back on again, as someone mentioned in one of the other comments. I also tried to unblock the valve in the headed water tank. Not sure which of the two operations helped but the hot water came back immediately. It was like it has been trapped somewhere inside. The boiler kept heating up the water for all those days but for some reason it was not coming out through the tap. I'm so relieved, even though I have no idea what was the problem. Hopefully it's going to stay hassle free for a long while. A

Arleta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can leak sealer block the pulsacoil boiler??

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top