Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commissioned BM2 but Neon turns off in the Summer range rather than winter range?

2 posters

Go down

Commissioned BM2 but Neon turns off in the Summer range rather than winter range? Empty Commissioned BM2 but Neon turns off in the Summer range rather than winter range?

Post  SMH Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello All,

I have followed the instructions on the boiler mate 2 to set the store temperature stat correctly, but when I reduce the dial (after the boiler has just stopped firing) until the neon goes out the pointer is in the blue summer range, rather than in the winter range with peg holes. Is this normal?

I have read the user manual and searched the forum but cant find any reference to this. The instructions just say turn the dial one hole further and insert a peg in the hole above, which seems to suggest it should be in the winter range rather than the summer range.

The unit is an FE200 from 94, and the delay timer works as it should.
The boiler stat is up to maximum and the heating is switched off during the commissioning.
The header tank is in the roof space remotely and I will check the water level in it tomorrow when I can access it.

Any suggestions welcome,
Kind Regards
Steve

SMH

Back to top Go down

Commissioned BM2 but Neon turns off in the Summer range rather than winter range? Empty Re: Commissioned BM2 but Neon turns off in the Summer range rather than winter range?

Post  mike Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:31 am

If unit short of water.
It may miss read etc.
Read through the posts on BM II's take some time.
Sludge / blocked cold feed and vent are very common.
Run it on the setting you have set it at.
If DHW & heating are OK then no worries.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Commissioned BM2 but Neon turns off in the Summer range rather than winter range? Empty Re: Commissioned BM2 but Neon turns off in the Summer range rather than winter range?

Post  SMH Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:17 am

Thank you Mike,

I'll have a read about those bits, and perhaps some of the other general posts from people who have problems.

If I find anything conclusive I'll post the details, otherwise see how it runs as is in the lower range.

Kind Regards
Steve

SMH

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:35 am

Hi yes that will be good.
But ref the other questions raised Sludge etc etc.
All have been dealt with before and in depth too.
And not appearing rude but it does get boring repeating the same things.
But at least I have pointed you in the right direction.
There are basic checks to carry out.
And I am sure if you read / study the posts you will learn a great deal.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SMH Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks Mike,

Yes I completely understand, no offence taken.

I'll have a read through. At least I know the expansion tank is ok, it is probably 3/4 full of water.

The water has been treated and the water in the tank is clear. So we'll see how it runs for a bit now.

Kind regards
Steve

SMH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down