Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

systemate 111 heat exchanger

2 posters

Go down

systemate 111  heat exchanger Empty systemate 111 heat exchanger

Post  longrigg1 Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:14 am

Hi
Can I connect my micrturbo 402 sealed system boiler directly to the heat-exchanger of my systemate 111 in order to provide just one shower per day and no other hot water demand ?This would avoid keeping 115 l. of water at over 70 degrees for 24 hours per day.How would I get a pcb that would manage such an arrangment ie would switch on the boiler and pumps in response to the drawing of hot water?
Please can you advise.
Longrigg1

longrigg1

Back to top Go down

systemate 111  heat exchanger Empty Re: systemate 111 heat exchanger

Post  Mike the Boilerman Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:32 am

Interesting question, but basically, no, because of the difficulty you have already identified. Controlling the set-up.

It is an offence under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 to alter or modify a gas appliance, so modifying the boiler PCB would be illegal. You could do it with a flow switch perhaps but you would be re-inventing the wheel. You would have effectively converted your MicroTurbo into an instantaneous water heater.

And what about central heating? You proposal would mean the CH no longer works unless you also devise some electrically controlled valves to switch the boiler to the rads circuit in the cold weather. In which case you have just re-invented the combi boiler.

Far less effort to just turn the whole lot OFF at the wall then turn it ON again 15 minutes before you want your shower, then turn just the boiler OFF before using the shower, then turn it all OFF after. This will force the system to heat a tank-full for your shower, but not re-heat it as you have your shower.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down