Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boiler Intermittently turns off and water is cold

2 posters

Go down

Boiler Intermittently turns off and water is cold Empty Boiler Intermittently turns off and water is cold

Post  Isleworth_Alan Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:39 am

Mike, I love your website and useful advice - a breath of fresh air that someone is willing to take the time to help other people - God bless you.

We have the Systemate2000 with what is either the 402 or 502 Maxol Microturbo boiler. It seems that more or less once a week we get up in the morning and the boiler has switched itself off and the hot water is cold (ie, it's not hot!). It seems to happen at the weekends, when we've got up slightly later than a normal weekday.

To get the water to heat up, I have to turn the heating on and turn the room thermostat up, then the boiler restarts itself.

After reading your websites I have now turned the boiler thermostat up from about 3 and a half to a maximum 5.
I've also turned the valve on the pipe between the top tank and the Systemate2000 to ensure that the black bar on the pressure gauge is towards the higher end of the green section.

Is there actually something wrong with my system, the Systemate or the boiler?

We've owned the property for 6 months now, the property was built in 2002 with this boiler and Systemate2000.

We've had a new board fitted to the Systemate2000 by a heating enginer that was recommended by someone (cost us £280 including fitting). We've had the electrics in the apartment fully tested when we moved in last year, as the property had had everything disconnected (electrics, water, gas) as it had been repossesed from the last owner by the bank and was empty for a few months.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards, Alan

Isleworth_Alan

Back to top Go down

Boiler Intermittently turns off and water is cold Empty Re: Boiler Intermittently turns off and water is cold

Post  Mike the Boilerman Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:28 am

Hi Alan,

Are you sure you don't have a Systemate III ?

These are classic symptoms of a failing diverter valve, but the 2000 doesn't have one. Uses an extra pump instead!

Please confirm you have a 2000 before I expend time thinking this odd fault through ;-)

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Boiler Intermittently turns off and water is cold Empty Re: Boiler Intermittently turns off and water is cold

Post  Isleworth_Alan Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:27 am

Mike - thanks, I'll recheck tonight when I get home and post a reply Saturday.

Many thanks, Alan

Isleworth_Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isleworth_Alan Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 am

Mike,

Yes it's definitely the Systemate 2000, it has that stamped on the label top right corner of the front, along with the code ASC2076 and teh serial number 0126900202.

It also says Systemate 2000 on the sticky label on the front that has the user instructions on how to set the clock and turn the heating on / off etc.

I look forward to your help.

By the way, what will a full service of the system and the boiler cost me please, including VAT.

Regards, Alan

Isleworth_Alan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down