No Hot Water - any clues?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Hot Water - any clues?

Post  kristeva on Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:50 am

Hi all

My elderly mother recently moved into a new flat with a Pulsacoil 2000 boiler. Initially she had no hot water but I discovered the header tank was low (the flat had remained empty for some time previously) so I filled it up and she got hot water for a month. Then it went cold again. I noticed the header tank was very low again (since discovered there is a slow leak at the bottom of the tank), and also noticed the light on the Off Peak spur had gone out. I couldn't remove the fuse on the spur because it seemed to have melted so I replaced the spur. I got hot water for a day or so (a bath and a shower) and it went cold again. I get very tepid water when I first turn the tap and that's it.

Both external red and green LED's are out. The red LED on the circuit board is flashing twice per second. I'm about to call out an engineer but does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

I should also note my brother recently changed the timer settings on the wall as we originally thought it was set to off-peak. A heating salesman had visited the flat (to discuss electric wall heaters) and had claimed the boiler was heating 24/7!

kristeva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top