High Electricity Bill - PulsaCoil III

View previous topic View next topic Go down

High Electricity Bill - PulsaCoil III

Post  vjain1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Experts,

Need your advise here, I have recently got this new apartment which has PulsaCoil III Water Boiler. My Electricity Bill is pretty high for a month around 145 GBP. There is a NOBO System 500 Orion 512 timer next to Boiler which has all these settings day, hours, minutes, zone etc.
Also it has 3 wall switches 1 to switch the NOBO System ON/OFF other is ON PEAK and third is OFF PEAK. I realised that ON PEAK and OFF PEAK both buttons were ON when I moved in, I was checking meter reading every day and finally when I switched OFF ON PEAK power switch the meter read very minimal, but for some reason there was not hot water at all. I am bit puzzled how to fix this only with ON PEAK switched ON the hot water comes in shower but it's very high electricity usage.

There is something definitely not right there hence the electricity usage is so high.

What could be wrong here, is the OFF PEAK function not working, needs looking/fixing? does the Pulsa Coil III needs to be synced with NOBO timer to come at certain times so ON PEAK could be switched OFF?

I looked at NOBO System 500 Orion 512 manual but it only tells about setting for storage heaters, could the Pulsa Coil III be also linked to it somehow, anyone could guide how to do that if possible please?

Is it better to get someone come and have a look at it rather doing myself you suggest?  if that would be better solution as paying 140+ a month is simply mammoth, the other apartment where I live have only 30 GBP bill per month, here this is almost 4-5 times.

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Vish

vjain1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top