Boilermate 2000 - Earth Leak trpping RCD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boilermate 2000 - Earth Leak trpping RCD

Post  galewis on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:52 am

Can't find a local engineer who deals with BM2000's, so hoping I can get some advice here.

My problems started after the Boilermate was drained down by a plumber to reposition the boiler. When it was refilled, the RCD kept tripping randomly. Eventually I've traced this back to the Boilermate. Thinking about what I could do to isolate the individual part that's causing the RCD to trip, I initially checked the ACB to see that it was operating correctly, which itbappears to be. I'm getting good readings from the 3 probes, but thought if I could disconnect them temorarily, but still have the RCD trip. then I could discount them as being guilty. Fortunately, they're all connected to the ACB via a single terminal plug which connects to the top of the ACB. I disconnected the plug and switched the boilermate back on and it still trips the RCD. So now I'm thinking perhaps it could be either one of the 3 pumps or perhaps the immersion heater as part of the 'Switch' emergency system. Trouble is, I can't find an easy way temporarily to disconnect them so I can see if the RCD still trips. Any ideas gratefully received!

Gary, Peterborough

galewis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Boilermate 2000 - Earth Leak trpping RCD

Post  mike on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:49 am

You could disconnect the switch element wires.
Need to test it out.

Mike
MGC/H2O
Norfolk

mike

View user profile http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top