Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaking Store

2 posters

Go down

Leaking Store Empty Leaking Store

Post  ChrisF Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Whle installing a new shower I discovered a damp patch on the wall which turned out to be my 2000 leaking and having developed a rust patch on the back at the bottom (where two panels join), the patch is approx 70mm x 40mm and is dripping water.

Have others experienced this and if so is it repairable? can I replace parts of the system? (the main store) or am I looking for a total replacement?

Note, over time this has caused also caused the supports for the unit to begin to fail, so the whole unit will need to be removed & refitted to repair these. Unit is approx 6 years old

Any Suggestions gratefully received

Thanks
Chris

ChrisF

Back to top Go down

Leaking Store Empty Re: Leaking Store

Post  Midland Boilercare Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the solution is a replacement unit. There are no partial repairs to the store itself.
Check the date of manufacture (you will find this inside on the data label) as Gledhill offer a 5year warranty on the internal store and would be discounted against the cost of a replacement unit, although this is on a sliding scale and you would only be entitled to the remaining x sixtyeths (months in 5 years). If the unit is more than 5years old then I'm afraid you would have to bear the brunt of the cost.

Regards
Dave Hickey
service@midlandboilercare.co.uk
Midland Boilercare
Midland Boilercare

http://www.midlandboilercare.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisF Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Dave, thanks for the info, I was expecting that to be honest. Insurance inspector assessing the damage the leak has caused is sending his plumber to give me a quote for replacement. I am hoping that as they will need to remove and reinstate the system to do their work I will only be hit for the cost of purchase!!!!!

Don't suppose you have any ides of the price for a Boilermate 2000 210 model

Thanks again for the sympathy

Chris

ChrisF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down