Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHW Pump Running Continuously

3 posters

Go down

DHW Pump Running Continuously Empty DHW Pump Running Continuously

Post  MarkOne Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:19 am

Hi,

I have a Systemate 2000 and have found that the DHW pump is running continuously, the pump is not the correct one and is just a standard Grundfos UPS2 15-50/60 Pump.

My question is that if i just replace the pump will this stop it from running continuously? or could there also be an issue with the ACB?

Many Thanks

MarkOne

Back to top Go down

DHW Pump Running Continuously Empty Pumo running all the time

Post  mmartin Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:36 am

Check the display on the control pcb if it is not saying on or is blank then it is highly likely that the control board is faulty (well it is). If not by pressing SW2 the small push button to the left of the display you can scroll through the three temperature sensors if any say Er then there is a problem with the sensor or its wiring. On the face of it the pump running does point to a faulty control board. I can repair them see my post on the repairs section, alternatively if you don't think removing the pcb is something you fancy tackling there are engineers who can do it for you listed in this forum.

The manual is here there is a troubleshooting section and other instructions in it on how to check things. http://www.gledhill-spares.net/documents/systemate2000-iss10.pdf

Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

DHW Pump Running Continuously Empty Re: DHW Pump Running Continuously

Post  MarkOne Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:56 am

Thanks for the reply Murray,

The display on the PCB does not say ON until I run a hot tap.

I have checked the sensors and there are no faults showing and temperatures all look fine, I replaced the PHE sensor last year along with the Boiler and Space heating pumps and also replaced all the pump valves for Pegler ones.

I do have a spare ACB board so I'm happy to replace it when I change the pump but could someone have messed with the wiring to enable the pump to run all the time? I just don't want to miss something that may be obvious to someone more experienced than me.

If an incorrect pump is fitted instead of a XB001/XB004 what happens, will the pump run at all or just run inefficiently?

Cheers

Mark

MarkOne

Back to top Go down

DHW Pump Running Continuously Empty DHW Pump

Post  mmartin Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:39 am

Not being an expert on all things pumps I imagine that so long as the pump fitted is able to be speed controlled then it should work, according to the specification the Grundfos UPS2 15-50/60 Pump is OK with speed control. The lack of on on the pcb till something changes is a bad thing, it should say on all the time the only changes should be the two dashes, although the middle hot water would normally be always on, the upper one shows the roomstat is calling for heat. If you have a known good ACB I would swap it. I can fix the old one for you if you want a good spare in hand. Regards.

mmartin

Back to top Go down

Post  lenny21 Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Murray.

How much are the replacement pcbs please. I have a problem of the red “ on” light is completely blank and the three leds are constantly on. I was thinking of getting my dad who’s good with this kind of stuff to replace the capacitors mentioned on another thread. Would this fix it and make the “on” light work again and the pcb Work correctly. I have bought two of the required new pumps and thinking of purchasing he third more expensive one but am also considering replacing whole system so I’m trying to decide if my unit 15 yrs old is worth saving or whether to replace and put the repair money into the replacement pot instead.

Hope you can offer any advice.

Kind Regards

Sharlene

lenny21

Back to top Go down

DHW Pump Running Continuously Empty Replace or repair

Post  mmartin Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:03 am

Hi Sharlene - Replacement pcb is £95 which includes postage, 1st class post signed for, as an alternative I can repair your existing pcb for £45 including return carriage. Either option is guaranteed by me to work excluding faulty pumps or other external kit etc.(-: .

Self repair is an option but of course it can have unpredictable results in as much, without offending anyone, if not done right it can wreck the pcb totally i.e. damage tracks etc. not recommended by myself.

You say you have had 15 years use out of the installation which is pretty good going if one of the options above gives you a few more years then I reckon you are on a winner. In respect of replacing pumps as a non plumber (electronics engineer) it would be a case of if it aint broke done't fix it, maybe keep a spare on hand. What I have learnt about heating systems is inhibitor in the water is good it keeps the wheels turning and the water in (-:

Another option by the way is - Have a new pcb fit that then send me the old one for repair and you have a spare, if you don't want a spare I give a £15 cashback for a returned faulty pcb. In another 15 years when you replace the system, if I am still kicking, I will buy the pcb's off of you.

Email if you fancy any of the options: murray.martin@hotmail.co.uk

Regards Murray

mmartin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down