Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow Flashing LED then Quick Flashing LED

2 posters

Go down

Slow Flashing LED then Quick Flashing LED Empty Slow Flashing LED then Quick Flashing LED

Post  lormonty Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:46 am

Hi,

Noticed the LED light on my Boilermate A Class was rapid flashing which points to an overheat somewhere but I don't know much about these Boilermates or how to fix them. I pressed the reset switch and it appeared to work temporarily but then a Slow Flashing LED illuminated and when I demanded a large amount of hot water from the Boilermate it moved to a rapid flashing LED.

I have since turned the Boilermate off in an attempt "to cool it down" but I'm not even sure what's overheating. Is it more likely to be the water in the thermal storage or a part of the circuit board that's getting too hot?

Any help or advice on how to repair this will be greatly received as I am very unwilling to call Gledhill's rip off 60p/min charge for technical advice!

Many thanks
Tom

lormonty

Back to top Go down

Slow Flashing LED then Quick Flashing LED Empty Re: Slow Flashing LED then Quick Flashing LED

Post  mike Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Check your fault codes
Check the sensors
Check the ACB
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Slow Flashing LED then Quick Flashing LED Empty Re: Slow Flashing LED then Quick Flashing LED

Post  lormonty Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry but I'm not really sure how to do any of this. I've taken the front cover off the Boilermate and there looks to be an LCD screen which is the only place I can assume where the fault codes would appear. Unfortunately, it appears to be broken as I cannot make out either of the letters or numbers.

I've downloaded the manual from the Gledhill website and I've found the sensors but how do I "check" them? The same applied for the ACB. I think I've found where it is on the boilermate but I don't know what I'm looking for.

Thanks again.
Tom

lormonty

Back to top Go down

Post  lormonty Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 am

I think I've figured out the ACB and cycled through the menus and I've found a fault code 10. It says "overheat error" for fault code 10 but this is what the rapid LED flashing light indicates also.
Any ideas on where the overheat is or how I could go about fixing it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Tom

lormonty

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:32 am

Overheat can be a few things
Sensor problem
Boiler
Boiler pump
Unit low on water.
Location?
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down