Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanners for removal of heater element

2 posters

Go down

Spanners for removal of heater element Empty Spanners for removal of heater element

Post  adamst Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 am

Hi, sorry couldn't find a PulsaCoil BP2 120 thread/section.

I have one of these which has v slow leaks from drain cock and lower heater element. (edited to say - leak appears to be from the fitting and not inside the plastic cover hence the approach being taken)

I have a new drain cock to fit but wanted to see if the leak on the heater element was fixable by removing and re-fitting with PTFE tape or liquid before having to shell out for a new one.

Question - what type of spanner do I use to remove this - the nut part looks huge

Thanks for any help, need to get one of these today if poss

Adam

adamst

Back to top Go down

Spanners for removal of heater element Empty Re: Spanners for removal of heater element

Post  mike Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:53 am

Immersion heater spanner
A box one is best

Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Spanners for removal of heater element Empty Re: Spanners for removal of heater element

Post  adamst Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:05 am

Thanks Mike, in the end I got a flat one with a cranked handle, worked fine if careful to keep in place. Thanks for this great resource

adamst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down