What is normal

Go down

What is normal

Post  Stephen on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi all.
I've posted a couple of topics on stuff I've done to my boilermate and what was wrong etc. What I'm looking for is info on what it should be doing when it is running normally, so please if you read this, have one, and are familiar with the detail of normal operation please answer and give me some clues.

With all I have done it appears to be working and supplying hot water and heating when required.

What still puzzles/concerns me is that in the last couple of days I have only checked it once and found the boiler pump not running and the actual boiler cool, the rest of the time the pump seems to be running most of the time and the boiler fires up every 20 minutes or so for 1 minute (this would explain why the pump always runs I assume, to stop the boiler overheating with still hot water sitting in it, yes? No?)

With the water set to constant and the heating on timed what should the LED bars indicate when the store is hot and there is no demand on the hot water (or heating) for a number of hours?

I'm hoping Mike the brain might have all the info at his fingertips, as I'm in Scotland I don't imagine he fancies the trip to check it out.

Cheers
Stephen

Stephen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is normal

Post  Stephen on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:58 am

Developments.

The store gets up to temp but pump keeps running and boiler fires intermittently, unless I switch of the store and turn it on again, the board then clicks back to life with the boiler pump off, where it sits until the hot water demand causes the store to call for more heat, the boiler and pump respond and then just stays on indefinitley.

Any ideas?

Stephen

View user profile

Back to top Go down