PULSACOIL 2000 - Hot water question

Go down

PULSACOIL 2000 - Hot water question

Post  cornpa on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:10 am

Hi,

Have just moved into a flat and having issues with the hot water from the Pulsacoil 2000 so hopefully someone can help.

The switches were all off when we arrived so no hot water, never came across one of these before so assumed after looking on forums etc that that switch next to the timer would be for the bottom immersion heater so turned that on with the timer set between 1am and 6am. In morning no hot water.

It would seem only when the top switch is on do we get hot water and this is instant.

So what  I am trying to figure out is if the top switch is for the day time boost and the other for off peak supply which does not seem to be working.

Have spoken to the onsite management team and apparently we are on a single meter so not sure we can even make use of off peak tariffs

Paul

cornpa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PULSACOIL 2000 - Hot water question

Post  Midland Boilercare on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:38 am

Hi

The Pulsacoil 2000 has three power supplies. It obviously depends on the layout of the switches in your property, but in general they are as follows:
The bottom one is usually for the Off Peak element (heats up overnight). This is usually just a 15A switch.
The middle one is usually for the boost element which will heat up 24hrs a day. This also is usually just a 15A switch.
The top one operates the control circuit (temperature sensors, pcb and pump). This one is a switch with a fuse along side of it and will look different to the other two. Without the control circuit switched on you will NEVER get hot water from the unit.

Leave the control circuit and the Off Peak switches turned on all the time as this will heat you with cheap rate electricity and allow the system to work. Only use the boost switch if you run out of hot water as it uses normal daytime expensive electricity.
Midland Boilercare

View user profile http://www.midlandboilercare.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  cornpa on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:40 am

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

Looks like it only has the two power supplies as per the pic I added so not really sure what is happening here as we tried the following last night
Top and bottom switch on and timer set between 1 and 6 am
Got up and turned top switch off , no hot water ,left running for several minutes still no hot water so looks like no water has been heated overnight
Turn top switch on and within 5 minutes very hot water on kitchen and bathroom taps.
Have raised this with the landlord as don't want to leave the top switch on all the time if that is the booster.

Paul

cornpa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Midland Boilercare on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:41 am

Hi Cornpa

I'm unable to see the picture that you've posted. Can you either repost the picture on here or email it to me and I'll be able to advise better.
Midland Boilercare

View user profile http://www.midlandboilercare.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down