Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate 2000 intermittent heat / hot water / sounds like pump faulty

3 posters

Go down

Boilermate 2000 intermittent heat / hot water / sounds like pump faulty Empty Boilermate 2000 intermittent heat / hot water / sounds like pump faulty

Post  cmdornan Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:20 am

Hi

Im hoping someone can give advice on what might be wrong with my boilermate 2000.

The boilermate recently started making strange pumping / pulsing noises every few seconds and might be heard in the video i recorded. Ive uploaded it to youtube but ive just joined this forum and cant upload links as per "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days".

We often get heat but not always.

If we do get heat, its never as warm as it used to be.

I know there are 2 radiators with leaks at the nuts so these will need fixed. Could these be the cause of the issues?

I could also see in the water expansion tank on top of the boilermate there was a water level of where it used to be so i topped it up to there and it hasnt dropped since.

Im trying not to replace the system as we dont have the money for it at the moment.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris (Based near Edinburgh)

cmdornan

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 intermittent heat / hot water / sounds like pump faulty Empty blocked fill pipe

Post  mmartin Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:43 am

Someone like Mike might be able to advise you better but I know these units can suffer from a blockage in the pipe that links the top cistern into the heat store, I seem to recall metal clothes hangers being used to clear it, probably worth a search about noisy systems. If the pipe is blocked then I guess with the store being half full you get the noises and lack of performance. Good luck. Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 intermittent heat / hot water / sounds like pump faulty Empty Many thanks Murray...

Post  cmdornan Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:28 pm

I will update when i have more.

Thanks.

cmdornan

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 intermittent heat / hot water / sounds like pump faulty Empty Boilermate 2000 ?

Post  WELCO Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:55 am

Intermittent block in heating flow. Pump issue check first.

WELCO

http://www.welcouk.com

Back to top Go down

Boilermate 2000 intermittent heat / hot water / sounds like pump faulty Empty Re: Boilermate 2000 intermittent heat / hot water / sounds like pump faulty

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down