Need help with Nest 3rd generation Heatlink setup / install

Go down

Need help with Nest 3rd generation Heatlink setup / install

Post  djtomski on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:57 am

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have any detailed description on how to on installing Nest 3rd gen stat and heatlink on the boilermate 2000???

I have seen posts on some but nothing detailed, pictures would help too.

The thermostat looks the easy part to install just a swap with original thermostat, but it's the heatlink i need mega help with.

Would appreciate if anyone can help me.

Tom

djtomski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nest

Post  mmartin on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:54 am

Hi if you refer to the Boilermate manual there is a wiring diagram that will help.  http://www.gledhill-spares.net/documents/bm2000-iss10.pd

WARNING: All wiring changes should only be undertaken by a competent person.

The most important point to be aware of is that when the room stat is a mechanical version there is still a neutral feed to it, what can happen is that the neutral can end up being wired into the switch circuit for the Heatlink and this result in a short circuit, this can damage the pcb in the Boilermate as well as potentially the Heatlink as well.  The diagram in the image attached may help.  Obviously this is only advice it is up to you to decide how best to proceed.

mmartin

View user profile http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help with Nest 3rd generation Heatlink setup / install

Post  djtomski on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:20 am

Many thanks for the help, what about the water and heat connection also, have attached images of my boliermate 2000 and it's current setup.

It has a mechanical clock?

djtomski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Existing setup

Post  mmartin on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:19 am

From the pictures it looks as though the room thermostat may have been upgraded to an electronic one of some type in the past as I see the neutral (blue) wire has been removed and terminated in a screw connector. This means that at the thermostat end it will be using only the live (9) and switched live connection (11) on my diagram. When you say hot water the design of the Boilermate does not really lend itself to having extra control over the hot water as this is controlled by user demand. If you introduce any control that stops the heatstore from being kept warm all the time you will impact on the ability to get instant hot water and heating. You mention heating the diagram is an indication of how you would control the heating using the Heatlink unit and its remote thermostat. One of the things that would need to be considered is where to mount the Heatlink unit it might be best to pick up the connections from the connection box on the floor outside the unit so that it is in a cooler spot and not inside a tin box that interferes with radio reception perhaps. The Heatlink instructions has details of the connections on page 31 the T1 and T2 should have a connection to the thermostat as they carry the 12v power for it. Connection 2 would go to connection 9 (live) on my diagram and connection 3 would go to connection 11 (SL) on my diagram. You would also require to provide the Heatlink with a live and neutral supply to L and N on the Heatlink these could come from 9 and 10 on my diagram. Obviously if you are not confident/competent working on mains equipment I would recommend that you employ a competent professional to do the installation for you. All the advice above is just that only advice. Regards Murray

mmartin

View user profile http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help with Nest 3rd generation Heatlink setup / install

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down