Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heating on most of time

3 posters

Go down

Heating on most of time Empty Heating on most of time

Post  martynh99 Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:45 am

Over last day or so the heating has been randomly switching on when the thermostat is off.
Powered it off yesterday and it seemed ok for 24 hours but started again today.
Lifted front cover off and the LCD was displaying    -ON  , tried pressing sw1 and sw2 but no change on LCD.
Powered off / on again and now nothing on LCD but all 4 green LED are lit up and pumps are pumping.
Powered it all down now and thinking it must be the ACB at fault.
Can anyone confirm my thinking that it is the ACB, is there anything else it could be ?

Reading the manual, the spare part is an XB255 / Gas council part no E19 158
Can't find one anywhere on line but looks like the GT155 supercedes the XB255. Is that the case and is there anything to watch for when swapping 1 with the other ?

Not sure at minute what best course of action is - power the whole thing off or leave it on. If powered off are seals likely to crack due to cooling / heating back up when fixed. If I leave it on is it likely to wear the pumps out / overheat and cause more problems.

Thanks

martynh99

Back to top Go down

Heating on most of time Empty ACB Faulty

Post  mmartin Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:14 am

Hi yes the symptoms you describe are classic indicators that the pcb has failed.  The replacement is either a GT155 or GD131.  I can offer a part exchange replacement service or a straight repair service.  You can find more information as well as a video showing a typically faulty pcb and others on how to swap the pcb etc..  Regards Murray  Website: www.murraymartin.co.uk

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Heating on most of time Empty Re: Heating on most of time

Post  martynh99 Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:10 am

Nipped over and picked a replacement ACB from Murray this afternoon and the boilermate is already back up and running. Excellent service, thanks Murray.

martynh99

Back to top Go down

Post  lenny21 Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:38 pm

He’s an absolute star. A great gentle man he has helped me several times Over the last few years with issues I’ve had normally around bloody Xmas time it starts to play up and Murray has been fab. Can’t thank the man enough.

lenny21

Back to top Go down

Heating on most of time Empty V kind

Post  mmartin Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Happy to help where I can.

mmartin

Back to top Go down

Post  lenny21 Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Because you’re a lovely man Murray. :blush:.

lenny21

Back to top Go down

Heating on most of time Empty Cheers

Post  mmartin Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Merry Xmas all.

mmartin

Back to top Go down

Heating on most of time Empty Picking your brains murray.

Post  lenny21 Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:50 pm

In the Black Friday sales I bought a hive to link to the system but looking at the hub I’m looking at using doesn’t connect with hive but the nest works with it. If I was to get someone in to fit the nest would this be ok with the bm2000 and the ideal classic boiler. Is there anything else I’d need or will replacing old therm with the nest be all that’s needed? If the hive is more compatible I’ll stick with the hive and not link it to the hub when I get one and just use my phone as the controller? Just unsure which is best. Sorry to pick your brains again. Lol

lenny21

Back to top Go down

Heating on most of time Empty Smart thermostats

Post  mmartin Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:47 pm

You can use any smart stat as you say you will just be swapping the old thermostat out for the new controller unit, just need to be aware that if you have a mechanical thermostat there will be a neutral connection in there so you just need to be careful with the connections so as to not cause a short circuit. You can also wire the control unit into the BM panel of course there is a wiring diagram in the manual which you can download just search for your model in that Google.

mmartin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down