Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil eco stainless needs advice how to set up

2 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil eco stainless needs advice how to set up Empty Pulsacoil eco stainless needs advice how to set up

Post  Margaret24 Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:45 am

Hello,

I have just moved to the flat with Gledhill Pulsacoil Eco Stainless 180L.
I am not sure how to set up this boiler correctly to have warm water but also to have reasonable bills.
There is Economy 7 meters, the night tariff starts from midnight to 7am.
The below settings have been made by previous tenants:
- 2 wall switches are on
- the timer is set to turn the boiler on twice a day at 4am-5am and 5pm-6pm
- next to the timer is another switch which is set up on 'ON', up is OFF PEAK and below is BOOST
- next is knob with time set to 120 min

I would be appreciated if someone could help with this.

Regards

Margaret24

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil eco stainless needs advice how to set up Empty Boiler?

Post  mmartin Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi you mention Boiler does that mean you have a boiler heating the system or is the system totally electric? The reason I ask is that if you have say a gas boiler it will just about always be more economical to heat things using the rather then electricity which is an expensive technology. OK so if no boiler then the way to go, I imagine, is to male sure that as much heat is put into the system between midnight and 7am when the electricity is at its cheapest. You would then only use the on peak as necessary if the system is not producing the required output during the daytime expensive period. OK so the use of the on-peak requires some experimentation and may vary day-to-day (in normal circumstances) so inevitably you may need to use on peak a little more that necessary on some days in order to get the required performance on other days. You may have a fancy timer of course that lets you set different settings for every day. If you don't have a manual you can download one off of tinternet. Hope this helps a little there may be actual users who can offer more specific advice. Regards Murray

mmartin

http://www.murraymartin.co.uk

Back to top Go down