Intermittent Hot Water

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Intermittent Hot Water

Post  neilybhoy on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Yet another problem with my BM2000. I suffer from intermittent hot water - turn on the hot tap, the water runs hot, then warm, then cold, then warm, then hot and so on - even if only one tap is turned on. Also, on some occasions, I get no hot water, although to resolve this I have to switch off the power to the BM and then turn back on and everything works OK. It also sounds like the HW pump is constantly running, not sure if this is connected or a separate problem. The boiler is set to max. Has anyone any clues as to what is wrong?

neilybhoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Intermittent Hot Water

Post  Mike the Boilerman on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:28 am

Hi Neil,

Yes you have described the classic symptoms of DHW heat sensor failure. Fit a new one, or have one fitted and the temperaure swings and unreliability will vanish.

The only thing that possibly contradicts this diagnosis is the pump running continuously. There are three pumps and I suspect this will be the central heating pump (centre pump) that won't turn off. This is a separate problem normally fixed by replacing the control board.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

View user profile http://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  neilybhoy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Replaced the sensor (less than £17), now got perfect hot water! The hot water pump still seems to run a lot though, but only when on speed 3, if you turn it down to speed 2 or 1 then it goes quiet - any ideas what causes this?

neilybhoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top