Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boilermate II

2 posters

Go down

Boilermate II Empty Boilermate II

Post  Boomer Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:43 pm

I have a Boilermate II that for the last week seems to be "kettleing" That is the only way I can descibe it. It sounds as though it is filling with water or like a boiling kettle. I have checked the water level in the expansion tank and that seems ok as the ball-cock is not letting in anymore water.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Tony

Boomer

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II Empty Re: Boilermate II

Post  Mike the Boilerman Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi Boomer,

Yep. Blocked cold fill and the unit is low on water inside even though the heafer tank is full!

This leads to the water flowing from the boiler discharging into fresh air inside the Boilermate store and making a muffled splashing noise. You need to clear the internal cold fill pipe or fit an auxilliary external one.

Cheers, Mike

Boomer wrote:I have a Boilermate II that for the last week seems to be "kettleing" That is the only way I can descibe it. It sounds as though it is filling with water or like a boiling kettle. I have checked the water level in the expansion tank and that seems ok as the ball-cock is not letting in anymore water.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Tony

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Boilermate II Empty Boilermate II

Post  Boomer Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks very much Mike,

This is very helpful

Boomer