Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO HOT WATER PLEASE HELP!!!

5 posters

Go down

NO HOT WATER PLEASE HELP!!! Empty NO HOT WATER PLEASE HELP!!!

Post  HG83 Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:13 pm

I have had no hot water for nearly one month.

The water out my taps is freezing cold, but the boiler does heat up the water as the pipe is very hot in mornings but the heat exchanger and the hot water supply pipe connected to it are freezing cold.

Plumber came and said everything seemed to be working fine but there was air in the pump. He unscrewed the pump, bled the air whilst running the hot tap for a few mins. I had hot water for about 4 days which lasted 10 mins max (not enough for two people), but I had to bleed the air from the pump every one of these 4 nights for about 20 mins to have a very quick shower in the mornings then there was no hot water again.

I called the plumber and explained what happened. He said it was a sensor problem and that I could easily change these. I bought the sensors (PHE and DHW), changed them and now had to blead the pump for 45 mins this time to have hot water which only lasted for one morning. No hot water again.

Called plumber and he nw said it was either a pump or pcb problem. He came round, changed the pump and replaced the fuse on pcb as it tripped. I tested the hot water from bath tap and it was warm.... I wanted to use it for first time next morning and there was no hot water. When I took the screw off the pump and run the hot tap the pump was not turning. I do not know if it is a faulty pump or what.....??!?!?!?!

(When he took the old pump off there was a slight burning smell coming from the cavity and once the new pump was fitted, the smell became stronger)

Called plumber-now he says it's a pcb problem !!!!!! (although it is flashing twice per sec)

Now I do not mind paying for a plumbers time, but not when (I think) he is guessing what is wrong with my boiler and changing every part at my expense until it gets fixed.

Does anybody have any idea what is wrong with this????? Or can anyonerecommend a good plumber in North London? Please help if you can as this situation is driving me mad.

HG83

Back to top Go down

NO HOT WATER PLEASE HELP!!! Empty Re: NO HOT WATER PLEASE HELP!!!

Post  Mike the Boilerman Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Sounds to me as though the original problem was not enough water in the header tank. Have you checked the level?

If it is full to the line in the side of the tank then I think you need a vist from a competent technician. I cover north London but a local bloke will be cheaper if you can track one down.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

NO HOT WATER PLEASE HELP!!! Empty Is the correct pump installed?

Post  sunny.sahdev Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:06 am

If the pump is not a modulating 15-50X18 Grundfos pump, this could be causing the problem. I also agree with Mike, after reading everything, it seems the header tank may have been the problem

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Check the PCB at the top right hand corner.
I have stood in front of units and watched them just burn out.
More so when the fuse has failed etc.
Fit new pump and fuse.
Then the board fails.
Mike

mike

http://www.mgch20.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario.S Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:47 pm

If you get permanent air in the Pump yes, check your F&E Tank first, if the water in there is half way up. Burning pumps come most likely from empty F&E tanks ( dry run and burned out) This ,in most scenarios ,will also destroy the PCB, so just changing the fuse is not enough. Many times, a blown fuse indicates a blown component on the PCB. Save yourself some money and check the F&E tank regularly or get an site glass fitted to check the F&E tank water from just opening the door, but check. Sorry mate.
regards Mario at Mario's Boiler Service

Mario.S

http://www.marios-boiler-service.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

NO HOT WATER PLEASE HELP!!! Empty Sight glass for the future

Post  sunny.sahdev Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 am

I agree with Mario on this.

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down