Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POOR DOMESTIC HOT WATER

3 posters

Go down

POOR DOMESTIC HOT WATER Empty POOR DOMESTIC HOT WATER

Post  Paul Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 am

Hot water starts fine but gets colder whilst taking a shower, ending up tepid.
Central heating appears fine as radiators get nice & hot.Boiler is a Potterton Suprima 30 which had control panel replaced about 2 years ago.
Boiler appears to fire ok when controlled by the boilermate thermostat although sometimes it keeps running after the boiler reaches temperature. I feel this may be that I need to set the thermostat correctly because if I turn it down slightly the neon goes out and the pump shuts down after the time delay.
Pump drive board relay buzzes briefly every 40 hours but otherwise ok. New time delay board fitted 2 years ago.
There is a magnetic descaler fitted to the Boilermate feed pipework and Sentinel x100 in the heating system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I live in Leicestershire and nobody seems interested in fixing it.
Cheers

Paul

Last edited by Paul on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Boiler info added)

Paul

Back to top Go down

POOR DOMESTIC HOT WATER Empty Re: POOR DOMESTIC HOT WATER

Post  Mike the Boilerman Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi Paul,

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, assuming you have now followed the instructions written on the Boilermate II to callibrate the BMII thermostat to match the boiler....

Can you clarify please?

Cheers, Mike

Paul wrote:Hot water starts fine but gets colder whilst taking a shower, ending up tepid.
Central heating appears fine as radiators get nice & hot.Boiler is a Potterton Suprima 30 which had control panel replaced about 2 years ago.
Boiler appears to fire ok when controlled by the boilermate thermostat although sometimes it keeps running after the boiler reaches temperature. I feel this may be that I need to set the thermostat correctly because if I turn it down slightly the neon goes out and the pump shuts down after the time delay.
Pump drive board relay buzzes briefly every 40 hours but otherwise ok. New time delay board fitted 2 years ago.
There is a magnetic descaler fitted to the Boilermate feed pipework and Sentinel x100 in the heating system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I live in Leicestershire and nobody seems interested in fixing it.
Cheers

Paul

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  petosca Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:46 am

My problem too, have you found the answer yet?

petosca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down