Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boiler keeps going out

2 posters

Go down

Boiler keeps going out Empty Boiler keeps going out

Post  DAD Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:06 am

Hello Mike,
I have a Boilermate II, the boiler is a Potterton PrimaB (50B), the whole system is 14 years old and I have had a water softener for 10 years (definitely required if you don't want to descale every year!). Both PCB's have been changed, both pumps have been changed on more then 1 occasion, and the Brawa thermal mixer vale has been changed. The issue I now have is the boiler continually going out, caused by the cut out button on the boiler activating, I assume this is due to some overheating of the boiler? Basically I need your help, is it time to replace the boiler? can I replace just the boiler? or do I need to replace the boilermate too? and lastly what is exactly causing the cut out button to activate?
Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Dave

DAD

Back to top Go down

Boiler keeps going out Empty Re: Boiler keeps going out

Post  Mike the Boilerman Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 am

Hi Dave,

The cutout button is the overheat protection thermostat. I suggest replacing both the overheat 'stat AND the main control thermostat on the Prima. This will almost certainly fix it. I say almost because the problem can also be caused by corrosion, in which case the heat exchanger needs dismanlting and cleaning.

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Boiler keeps going out Empty Re: Boiler keeps going out

Post  DAD Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi MIke,
Thanks for the information and advice

Dave

DAD

Back to top Go down