Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot water for a few minutes then luke warm then cold No LEDS !

2 posters

Go down

Hot water for a few minutes then luke warm then cold No LEDS ! Empty Hot water for a few minutes then luke warm then cold No LEDS !

Post  Mark Reed Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Checked the forum for the issue of my subject matter, found talk of a plastic tank needing topping up? No reference is made regarding LEDs what should i expect is this PCB failure?
Regards Mark Reed

Mark Reed

Back to top Go down

Hot water for a few minutes then luke warm then cold No LEDS ! Empty Re: Hot water for a few minutes then luke warm then cold No LEDS !

Post  Mike the Boilerman Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 am

Hi,

Yes the LED being out means either baord failure OR, (and check this before buying a new board!), no power supply.

Check there is mains into the board. The switch on the wall could be turned OFF causing the same symptoms!

Cheers, Mike

Mike the Boilerman
Admin

https://gledhill-repairs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hot water for a few minutes then luke warm then cold No LEDS ! Empty Further news

Post  Mark Reed Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Dear Mike
All advice taken on board. Checked the header tank, bone dry! found the valve and refilled hey presto hot water. Fantastic result thanks a million. Regarding the LEDs on the PCB there is a red one that flashes and as there is hot water so must be cool.I feel my observations may have been incorrect, my latest observation is the red and green lights neither are active. I believe the red one not operating is good news but somehow I feel the green one should be lit? Can you shine some light on what i should expect from the said lights (no pun intended)
Regards Mark Reed

Mark Reed

Back to top Go down

Hot water for a few minutes then luke warm then cold No LEDS ! Empty Re: Hot water for a few minutes then luke warm then cold No LEDS !

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down