Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulsacoil III no hot water!

2 posters

Go down

Pulsacoil III no hot water! Empty Pulsacoil III no hot water!

Post  oj Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:37 am

Hi there,

Well, actually, if I put the boost on we get about 15-20 seconds of hot water, but that's it. This is the case for taps and shower.

The overflow tank feels rather hot, and I have ensured it is topped up. The green overflow and water level lights are on.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance and if you need more detail, I'll happily provide it.

Also, if anyone can recommend a plumber in the City/East London area I'd be very grateful,

All the best,

OJ

oj

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil III no hot water! Empty Re: Pulsacoil III no hot water!

Post  oj Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:16 am

Just a bit of an update - I presume the pump (grundfos selectric) should engage when the hot water tap is opened?

It doesn't - there's not even a murmer. Does this sound like an issue with the circuit board to anyone, or could it be the pump itself? I've looked under the inspection panel and the red LED is not flashing at all.

It's worth adding that the boost function makes no difference at all, despite what I wrote in my original post above.

Thanks again,

OJ

oj

Back to top Go down

Post  oj Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:33 am

OK,

The electical engineer has just been over and confirmed that it is the circuit board that has gone.

Gledhill (via their premium rate number) advised me that I have the engineer bypass the pcb and directly connect the live wire to the pump (set at level 2) as a temporary fix until I can get a new board.

Gledhill were quite careful to insist that the electrical engineer tested the whole setup since there was a chance that it was the pump itself that caused the pcb to fail. Thankfully it wasn't!

Hope this helps someone!

oj

Back to top Go down

Pulsacoil III no hot water! Empty That's helpful

Post  sunny.sahdev Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:24 am

You can get these pumps via this link : Gledhill Pulsacoil 3 Spares

sunny.sahdev

http://www.vedhas.co.uk/vedhas-what-we-do/pulsacoil-repair/#

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down