Gledhill Repairs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov

4 posters

Go down

rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov Empty rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov

Post  iris Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:36 am

the central heating went off, the boiler stopped and I found that there was a flashing light on the boilermate . The label says if it is rapid it means "overheat safety trip" What does this mean. I pressed the reset switch and the system is working ok but does it mean there is a problem that needs checking? Thanks for your help. It is not mentioned in the user manual.

iris

Back to top Go down

rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov Empty overheat

Post  karl Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:17 am

I get exactly the same issue. My boiler is 2 years 3 months old in a new build. The issue is happening more frequently and Taylor Wimpey will not send anyone round to look at the issue even though it was first reported within the 2 year warranty period.

Any help in understanding the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Karl

karl

Back to top Go down

rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov Empty rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov

Post  Ian T Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:43 am

I'm getting the same problem. The house is a Taylor Wimpey new build that's just 3 years old. No one knows how to cure the problem!!!!! A new Gledhill BP 225 Thermastore is £767.90!!!!

Ian T

Back to top Go down

rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov Empty Rapid Flashing On Boilermate A Class

Post  dean.kev Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:36 am

So then, whats the outcome on this discussion / fault???????????
We have also got this fault on a 2 year & 3 month old Gledhill boilermate, it looks as though Gledhill only make these to last this length of time.

dean.kev

Back to top Go down

rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov Empty Flashing overheat light on Gledhill

Post  Ian T Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:44 pm

I signed up to the British Gas Homecare 200 contract (around £15/month) and they replaced the Gledhill's PCB at no extra charge! They replaced the PCB on the ICOS boiler when it went as well. Took 6 visits to sort it out though. Good luck.

Ian T

Back to top Go down

rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov Empty Re: rapid flashing light on boilermate a class ov

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down